someone tried to steal my bike last night !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
If a guy breaks into my house and makes a move at me, Im going to defend myself.

Granted, but if they are breaking into your garage? Fire first, and ask forgiveness later?

No one would fault a guy for protecting his family/self, but I would have to think hard before I "blew away" someone for a piece of metal, rubber, and plastic.

Last edited:
If it were attached to the house, you dont know if he is on the way inside or just for something in the garage.

Mine is detached and WAYYYYY back in the yard. I just have insurance on my little Yamaha and hope for the best.

I think some people take the bad-attitude motorcycling persona a little too far.

"Nobody's gonna jack with me or my stuff and if they do, I gotta Vulcan M61 machine gun and they'll be history."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZGRider
I think some people take the bad-attitude motorcycling persona a little too far.

"Nobody's gonna jack with me or my stuff and if they do, I gotta Vulcan M61 machine gun and they'll be history."

Yeah cause that is why I ride a 250, to look bad. I love when I ride down the street on a bike that is too small for me and rev my motor which sounds like a glorified lawnmower. All the chicks are just swamping me because of my Virago 250. I gotta beat them off with a stick.

Come on man...get shot, get mugged and beaten to the point you cant walk for a month. You wont exactly want that to happen again.

A home security system, a twelve gauge pump and a reputation for willingness to use both.

By the way, a twelve gauge shotgun is the swiss army knife of firearms. With the variety of loads available for it, there are not too many shooting requirements that it cannot resolve.

I have a number of various long guns. My shot guns see more use than all of the others combined. Nothing like the sound of chambering a round into a twelve gauge pump to give an intruder second thoughts.

We don't have the "castle law" in this country. I swear, I'd have some serious trouble refraining from squeezing off a shot if some s.o.b. were breaking into my place.

For what it's worth, most home break ins, are perpetrated by someone that the home owner knows. If the owner or owner's family members hang with people who associate with low life, the odds are much higher that it will happen to them.

Yeah cause that is why I ride a 250, to look bad. I love when I ride down the street on a bike that is too small for me and rev my motor which sounds like a glorified lawnmower. All the chicks are just swamping me because of my Virago 250. I gotta beat them off with a stick.

Come on man...get shot, get mugged and beaten to the point you cant walk for a month. You wont exactly want that to happen again.

OK, I'll give that one.....

If a guy breaks into my house and makes a move at me, Im going to defend myself.

Granted, but if they are breaking into your garage? Fire first, and ask forgiveness later?

No one would fault a guy for protecting his family/self, but I would have to think hard before I "blew away" someone for a piece of metal, rubber, and plastic.

Not me...if you are in my house...you are taking the dirt nap...we have the castle law here. If you are outside my house late at night...I'll probably fire 6 warning shots in your direction.

I wish we had the castle law in Canada. It would reduce a lot of home violation crimes. I might think twice about taking a shot at someone stealing something from me. However, it it were a matter of any type of aggression against anyone in my home, I will not hesitate.

My wife came from Canada (Near Toronto). The gun laws up there are just dumb, especially with pistols, and evidence that the people who wrote them, know so little about guns.

She loves the fact she has the freedom to own a gun, and not to have to go through all the hoops, taxes, and restrictions to get one. Just like in England, violent crime is high cause the average person is less likely to be able to defend themselves against violent offenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back