Magnesium - 809
Calcium - 689
Barium - Phosphorus - 1343
Zinc - 1352
Molybdenum - 69
Boron - 40

Viscosity (cst 100C) - 14.1
Fuel % - Soot % - 0.2

Seems to have held up very well. Then again, it's only 4k miles, so I wouldn't expect anything else.

What are the typical operating conditions?

Any heavy towing? Only reason I ask is that 12ppm Fe in 6k km seems ok, but not stellar, for a Dmax. All the other stuff is fine.

Please tell us you left it in and only sampled. To OCI at that duration is nuts.

Operating conditions would be considered extensive idling and short trips. DFP is still installed and truck would be considered "stock". Oil was changed only because I sell the stuff and I like changing oil! Next time will be an 8000km OCI. OLM read 67%

Long idles and short trips could be the contribution to the Fe.

Still, to OCI at such as short interval seems a shame for such a competent oil. Nothing wrong with tinkering in the garage, but unless you're getting the stuff for less $ than dino fluids, it seems a bit of a waste.

Overall, for most applications, the OLM in the Dmax trucks seems fairly accurate. Never 100% correct on all vehicles, but certainly there is some evidence to show reasonable correlation between the OLM and UOA performance with TBN.

Last edited:
Magnesium-based detergents are picking up the slack for the reduced calcium-based detergents. Phosphorus is from ZDDP which does NOT function as a detergent.

Originally Posted By: JAG
Magnesium-based detergents are picking up the slack for the reduced calcium-based detergents. Phosphorus is from ZDDP which does NOT function as a detergent.

right right yup thanks

Originally Posted By: dsmith41
How can the stuff still carry an SM rating with that much zinc and phosphorus? Wow!

IIRC SM doesn't limit ZDDP, it's SM GF-4 that does.

Originally Posted By: shrek01GT
Oil was changed only because I sell the stuff and I like changing oil! Next time will be an 8000km OCI. OLM read 67%

I take it you work for a jobber/distributor in Canada. What other brands do you represent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back