search oil filters by thread size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to search oil filters by thread size and/or other characteristics?

I want to see if I can find a filter with a better beta ratio.

yeah that's what I have been using. you have to search by make/model/year/engine. If there is a way to search using other info I haven't found out how.

I got lucky just hitting different engines and searching manually.

the two sizes im after are 3/4-16 with a gasket max OD 3.10 and min ID of 2.20

and 13/16-16 with about OD 2.7 ID 2.4

so far the best I have found for the 3/4-16 is #51307 [2/20=7/18]

the 13/16 is going to be hard to vary from stock as it is in a tight space and I need to measure the filter head gasket area to be more definite on the possible gasket OD and ID.

otherwise some possible matches for the 13/16 is #51061 [2/20=11/27] and #57202 [2/20/75=8/20/25]

I think the clarecore site (Hastings/Baldwin) will get you a reverse lookup. Thats where I found a B1431 4" long filter for current subaru applications w/ M20 x 1.5 threads (but never bought it due to and engine knock - stuck with the marginal oem service honeywell blue 12A)

My mom has a 89 deville coupe with the continental kit. All white leather with red carpeting and dash. ON her 3rd motor in 70K miles. Last one ran good but the coolant ate thru the rear of the block inside the trans bellhousing. Nice car though, drives easy and good visibility. Back when GM still remembered how to make a good driving car.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
Is there a way to search oil filters by thread size and/or other characteristics?

Dont forget to research the micron rating, flow rate, contaminate capacity, etc.

Also, is your vehicle under a factory or aftermarket warranty?
Use the wrong filter, and POOF kiss that warranty goodbye!
But you only have to worry IF something breaks.
As long as you are using the equivelent to a factory filter (in your fav brand of course) your o.k.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life

Isn't there a PureONE in your size?

I talked a auto parts guy into giving me a filter master catalog(Purolator).
One that a repair shop might get. Last years issue.
In the back, all the dementions of each filter is listed.
Took a little digging but found each filter with the thread size I was looking for.
Listing them checked what they fit and ther pop number. (population number-A most popular/C least popular-etc..).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back