New AC/Delco Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
" smaller, redesigned Original Equipment (OE) oil filter is now in production that offers ACDelco's exclusive Duraguard® media protection.

The new filter applications (GM part numbers 19210283, 19210284, 19210285, and 19210286) are installed as original equipment in applicable new GM models. While performing oil changes on several 2010 GM models equipped with the new filter, such as the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon, technicians may notice the smaller size of the filter compared to the old design.

The new oil filter features ACDelco's Duraguard synthetic cellulose-blended media that efficiently filters particles as small as 25 microns -- 1/3 the width of a human hair -- to ensure a clean supply of oil to engine components. (Fig. 5, A) It also has a full cover baseplate for easy installation in blind applications (Fig. 5, B), a new nylon core that provides better flow characteristics and improved collapse strength (Fig. 5, C), and a combination relief and anti-drainback valve that prevents dry starts and assures oil flow (where applicable). (Fig.5, D)"

Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
You hi-lited exactly the points I noticed - thanks for the paste and color.

Hmmm. I've been seeing Ecore delco PF61's for quite some time.All the AC's at my Walmart are now ECore's, BUT none of them have an "E" at the end of the part number. Do you think there might be a difference between a PF61Ecore and a PF61E Ecore?

The Wally's in my neck of the woods has PF47 E-cores, but as mentioned they do not have the E at the end of the part number.

Quote:
What is the efficiency rating at 25 micron?
Exactly! Without the efficiency rating, 25um level doesn't mean much.
21.gif
Is it really any different than a ST?

If you google..Champion Ecore design, enthusiasm for the new AC Ecore design doesn't seem to be universally shared.

I was at a local Farm supply store yesterday and saw a few AC Delco oil filter boxes with the new "E" suffix on the part number.

Example of what I saw printed on the box: PF61E

Originally Posted By: sayjac

If you google..Champion Ecore design, enthusiasm for the new AC Ecore design doesn't seem to be universally shared.

I suppose that's natural. (I'm a little skeptical, too)

I knew the old design well and pushed 7,500mi OCI's on them easily. Psychologically, it's a little tough for me to look at the newly designed filter cut-open and picture myself running it for 7,500 miles.

I found some older PF47's and loaded up. By the time I'm through them, the experiences and posted pictures of others may have convinced me that the new design's OK, too.

Certainly their competitors dislike it.

Originally Posted By: labman

Certainly their competitors dislike it.
Nah. These are folks that used the old design and preferred it to the new Ecore. Many, like OilNerd, were stocking up on the old design while still available.

Wouldn't know about competitors, though I doubt many are quaking at the thought of competing with the AC Delco Ecore. The folks that prefer traditional endcap design will find other reasonably priced alternatives, lots of them out there. I got nothing against Ecore and have used it, though I prefer metal endcaps and a traditional bypass as opposed to the rubber combo bypass.

Still wondering if the AC is just an ST with a different name.

But all AC Delco filters aren't going ecore are they? I didn't see my filter (PF 48) on the list, and I have yet to see it in the stores with the "E" at the end of the number.
21.gif

I think the steel endcap is a design at the end of its life. None of the cartridge filter elements have them. Champ is using none woven media for extra filtration, and many filters don't even have any. How long til the conventional filters are gone? Look at how long generators, points, carbs, etc. hung around.

I beleive the only difference between the two is the media, champ refused to give me specifics on the AcDelco cause he said GM doesnt want it released.

I dont know if paying an extra dollar for the Ac is worth it vs the st.

In the past, AC had half again more media than St and brands people swoon over here. Wouldn't be surprised if they are still much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back