New Rotella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: snakyjake

Are the other alternatives that are Group IV/PAO within a similar price range?

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Delvac 1?

Did you find Delvac 1 in a similar price range?
What is the price? Where?

I did (vs Rotella at Walmart) but that was buying by the case through a transport dealer.

And my price is going to matter little to you, since I'm in Canada.

Are the other alternatives that are Group IV/PAO within a similar price range?

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Delvac 1?

Did you find Delvac 1 in a similar price range?
What is the price? Where?

Some Walmarts have Rotella T 5w40 for around $19-20/gallon, but most do not yet have the T6 stuff. Some Walmarts also have Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w40 for around $22/gallon.

I cannot get too excited about the new Rotella T, but if it becomes widely available for a good price, then it should be a popular choice.

I'm not sure as to why Shell would post on their T6 data sheet that the T6 formula is from synthetic based oils...definately seems disappointing...looks like Mobil 1 will continue to be the oil to by for true Group VI?

The base stock Shell uses is as close as you're going to get to Group IV/PAO without actually being 100% Group IV. There just might be a pinch of PAO and a pinch of Ester in there as there might have been with the previous CJ4.

I just got an email back from Shell Technical - inquiring as to whether the T6 was a Grp-III or IV base. Here's the response I got.

'Dear Sir,

Unfortunately, our oil formulation information is proprietary.

Regards,

Shell Technical'

Guess that kinda gives it away for sure.

Last edited:
Either way it's still a [censored] good oil. My boss has been using Rotella 15w40 in his fleet since the 70s. We're running RTS 5w40 in our 4 Mack CH613s for at least 6 or 7 years now. Nothing but clean new running motors.

Originally Posted By: sparkplug
Either way it's still a darn good oil.

You bet it is. As I said in that other thread, if I had use for a diesel oil this would be the one, no questions asked. Excellent product.

Just saw the New Rotella for the first time; a jug of 'T5' 0W-40 at a store in the Ottawa Valley.

Has the same specs/rating as the old jug did (API SJ).

Originally Posted By: BobFout
Maybe the current RTS will be on sale as they try to move it out
20.gif

Nope. At least not at my Walmart...they're side by side on the same shelf at the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back