Some Filtration Comparisons from the Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: river_rat
Christmas vacation until Jan. 11th. Then back to the circus.

Oh good,,thought it might be worse,lol

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Hey guys,
I put the highlights my postings on this thread onto a website so that it would be easier to find information.

Click here:

Fitration Comparisons

Nice Job!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Nice Job!
thumbsup2.gif

+1 The "Oil Filtration Comparisons from the Workbench" website looks like a great summary of this thread. Helen, thanks for allowing this. I noticed the Bosch Premium filter (PureOne twin) wasn't in the ratings conclusion?

Originally Posted By: Bruce T
I noticed the Bosch Premium filter (PureOne twin) wasn't in the ratings conclusion?

Thank you. It is now.

Did you ever get a AMSOIL Ea to test or do you plan on testing one soon? I am interested in seeing the results of that test.

Thank you for all your time and the hard work you have put into these test. I really enjoyed reading this thread and seeing the results!

No, fellas, I'm sorry, but I ran out of time and ambition for anymore tests for the forseeable future.
I didn't test those two because they are kind of relatively uncommon filters, and partly because they have ratings that are available. At least the EaO does and the RP does have efficincy info posted on this site from info via email from RP.
In fact, I can't even lay my hands on an RP filter.

I used the PureONE as kind of a "gold standard" because it is the highest efficiency off-the-shelf filter that has published data. So, I really wasn't trying to test filters (like the P1) with available info, but compare those that don't have info with those (like P1) that do so we can see which ones come closer to really good, and which are pretty far toward the worst.
Sort of make sense?

Ya, Dan, I bet it's right up there in the topmost.

Somewhere here is the ISO test info on it, and it was really good, IIRC.

Originally Posted By: daman
The RP i do believe is going to be very very close to the AC UPF that was tested.

Rob?

I cut open a RP and a ACDelco UPF and the only different was ADBV and one more pleat for the RP filter.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
Originally Posted By: daman
The RP i do believe is going to be very very close to the AC UPF that was tested.

Rob?

I cut open a RP and a ACDelco UPF and the only different was ADBV and one more pleat for the RP filter.

yup...

Originally Posted By: john1944
Is there a TRD corresponding to the MC FL-1A ?

Might be, but the Donaldson I sent him and he tested is an FL-1A cross.

Originally Posted By: john1944
Is there a TRD corresponding to the MC FL-1A ?

I don't think so, but I'm not positive.

Great report and I appreciate the time and money spent!! I've been using Bosch filters lately and your writeup confirms that my choice is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back