wiper blades - rain-x, bosch, others ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a set of Michelin Radius wipers and they are terrible. They fail to make decent contact for about 3" or 4" on both ends of the blade.

For the part of the windshield that they do make good contact with, they do a decent job and their low profile does an excellent job in cutting through snow & sleet. For me, that's not really enough to warrant the premium price and their overall poor performance.

I've been using Bosch wipers for a long time on all my cars. They lasted longer, wiped quieter, looked good (with the spoilers). and were relatively well priced (although pricer than other brands).

But recently they've really increased in price - used to pay $24 a piece and now they're $32. I was going to go for Motorcrafts (made by Trico) but I switched to Rain-X last week instead, which I got for $10 each, and was rather surprised at how good they performed. They were even as quiet as the Bosch blades at less than half the price...even came with a reminder sticker to write down mileage/date of installation. Cannot comment on longevity just yet, although I generally replace them once a year, but I am very pleased with them so far.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird

OT: Hey there from another fellow Tbird owner
cheers3.gif
and you're from NC too ??? where in NC?

mine is a 97 4.6L w/ sport package; do you also have the 4.6? I also use MC 5w-30 oil but FL 820S filter. have around 140k miles on mine now...

btw, the Motorcraft blades on my Tbird are great! I hear Valeo makes them
Nice to meet you as well! I currently in the foothills, Catawba county. I'll be moving to the Triad (Elon, specifically) later this year.

Mine has the 4.6 as well. I've found that the Motorcraft oil is the best when nothing else is on sale (and it never is here). Plus, it's nice to show off a Ford with Motorcraft parts under the hood and their bottles lying around!
56.gif

What's funny is that when I first bought mine, I was the only one on the road. But here in the last six months or so, it seems like I can't get out without seeing another T-bird! I guess everyone discovered they're comfortable, reliable, and stylish. (not that I'm biased in any way, no...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back