Looking @ some General Grabber HTS Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
bfg long trails are about the same or lower price at discount tire and I have had good experiences with them on my durango. I do see a lot of vehicles running around with them so they are probably not that bad.

Decent tire but word is begining to spread that they don't last. IMO the Firestone Destination LE is a superior tire for approx the same price.

^ I never knew the Dest LE to be long lasting either? How many miles are you getting out of them? I'd look at the new Michelin LTX M/S2. They may cost quite a bit more, but also may long twice as long.

My mom has decided that she will go with the bfg's long trail touring. She bought her Explorer used and when I went to check the tire size, I noticed that the previous owner had put on a plus zero size on her vehicle. Her original tire size is 235/70/16. I'll have them put on after Feb. 1 because Discount Tire will be doing a BFG promotion according to our dealer in Spartanburg.

I have the Generals on two of my Explorers including ,my personal vehicle. They are nice tires. very good and quiet ride. Did very well in the heavy rains here in Southern California this past week. I don't believe they will make the 60,000 warranty. Very good tire for the price IMO.

Michelin Cross Terrains on another. Good tire all around, ride, handling and wear.... but when they wear out I will replace with the HTS's or a newer Michelin.

I have BFG Long Trails on another work Explorer. They are a decent tire, but I have not had good wet weather luck with them. They wear well however.

Hopefully the new touring model will be better

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
^ I never knew the Dest LE to be long lasting either? How many miles are you getting out of them? I'd look at the new Michelin LTX M/S2. They may cost quite a bit more, but also may long twice as long.

I have had 2 sets of Michelin LTX M+S and 3 sets of Firestone Destination LE's. The Michelins are a good tire but the LE's far surpase them( personal experience & opinion )in eveything from tread wear to bad weather performance. They cost a boat load of $$$ less as well.

I have yet to even start wearing tread on a set of LE's with approx 15-20K on the vehicle when sold. I haven't run any for 50K BUt I have run them in very similar conditions and mileage as I ran the LTX M+S tires and they have performed betetr in every aspect for me.

Last edited:
Yes , I have the GRABBER HTS's on my 2003 Chevy PU 4X4. They are great on snow/ice , rain and are a smooth riding tire. I feel safe with them on under all road condx. I will probably buy again !!!!!

BOB

As for the Firestone Destination LE - I put 50K on a set and they had enough tread to probably last another 10K-15K. I only replaced them because there was a $70 rebate on my new tires and the tire dealer gave me $50 for my old LEs. The LE's were great tires in all weather conditions - a "best bang for the buck" for sure.

Running the General HTS, and really like the tire. Surprisingly good in snow and ice. Excellent in the rain. All around great tire. Wear seems normal compared to other tires I had.

I've heard a lot of Jeep guys running the Grabbers. From what I can tell theyre quite good.

I'm running the BFG Long Trail radials, and they seem really good as well, and Ive heard they wear like steel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back