Shelf life of Kendall Super Blu grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a tube of Kendall Super Blu, it is about 9 or 10 years old. I never used it, the metal seal is still in one end of the tube with the white cap at the other end. It still looks solid, there is no liquifying or separation in it that I can see. I didn't have need for it because not long after I bought it all that time ago, I got a truck that had "sealed for life" bushings, ball joints, U-joints, etc.

Now I am replacing the front lower ball joints on my truck and the new parts have grease fittings that I will happily refill at each oil change. Question is, is a 10 year old grease still OK to use? I checked around here, didn't find much info. I saw in a Google search 5 years is the oldest to use it and have it still work well, yet the same article said "5 years and maybe longer and most grease may still be in good enough condition to use".

I know it's only a few bucks for another tube of grease, but if I have it and it's still good why not just use it? I am confused and appreciate any help.

use it
I have two more cases of allis charmers grease from the sixties my dad used to use on the bulldozers i have been using them on all my cars and trucks and have never had a front end problem related to grease

If the tube is sealed and the oil has not separated from the grease/filler, use it.

crazyoildude, are your tubes of Allis Charmers still in sealed like new condition? If so, would you care to sell one. I'm weird, I collect things like that.

Originally Posted By: Dieseldoctor
i have some 10 yrs old and hasnt seperated.. yet so it is pretty good stuff

Same grease or something different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back