PP vs Napa Syn 5-30????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a long time PP uses until the recent price hike at my local Wal-mart. Went from 4.01 to 5.87 over night. Still cheaper than most store in my area but was wondering how PP compared to Napa Syn 5-30.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
PP hand downs.

I agree with Johnny (as usual) but for a 5K (or even 6K) OCI I doubt your engine would know the difference.

Isn't the Napa synthetic made by Valvoline? I would think the Napa oil is as good as the Wal_mart synthetic which passes the SM ratings.

Doesn't Lubrisol make the add packs for all the oils including Penzzoil?

Originally Posted By: mv6845
Was a long time PP uses until the recent price hike at my local Wal-mart. Went from 4.01 to 5.87 over night. Still cheaper than most store in my area but was wondering how PP compared to Napa Syn 5-30.

You guys just had some kind of crazy pricing thing going on in California that didn't exist anywhere else. PP was $5.97 here, then recently dropped to $5.87

Our Family Suburban has been switched between PP and Napa Synth multiple times (I tend to buy whichever is a better buy...).

I follow the OLM down to 15% and have yet to notice any difference between the two. I'm imagine I should run a UOA, but there a trillion worse things you could do to your engine then split the hairs between the two oils.

Napa syn is also not syn power rebottled. Although is a Warren product they are not the same.

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
Napa syn is also not syn power rebottled. Although is a Warren product they are not the same.

Neither are Warren.

Originally Posted By: DieselTech

They are both Ashland product: Valvoline Synpower and NAPA Synthetic. NAPA will have a slightly weaker additive package, but for 5-6K OCI it will work fine. Buy whatever is cheapest.

Speaking of Napa synth,I wonder why Ashland makes a Napa labeled 15W50,but they don`t make a Valvoline labeled one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back