Rotella T6 - with JASO-MA? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
07 Ninja650R/07 HD FLHRI
I'm not totally understnding the Blackstone oil report #'s; but seems from many replies that many oils (syn and dino); the viscosity breaks down to the lower level reasonably quick, and wouldn't be good for a long OCI(5+Kmls). Would the designer oils sa. Amsoil have much slower viscosity breakdown compared to other less costly oils sa. Rotella 5W-40syn, 15W-40reg, or the Mobil 15W-50syn, or are there other factors to consider? I've been using Amsoil for quite a while in both bikes, mainly for a long OCI(5K), and would other listed oils deliver a long OCI w/ little vicosity loss?

Thanks;
Howie...

Kaw 650R/HD FLHR
My next question is for those whom use the Rotella 5W-40 syn for a water cooled motorcycle, and are doing longer 5K OCI. Most of Blackstones test reports for the RTS are of those changing oils 2.5-3K mls. My OCI is done @5K+ for years in two bikes using a moto specific syn(Amsoil). I'de like to see test reports for Long OCI for the Rotella. I'm concerned of viscosity breakdown from shearing to a lower grade than A 40W, and not be safe for a long OCI.
HR...

I've seen this report which is similar to a HD owners report w/using the Mobil 1 15W-50. Good report but that being only the one makes me hesitant to switch.

could you explain:

cST vis c @100f
SuS visc@210f
TBN
Thank you
HR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back