Anybody use Genuine Toyota Motor Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it's the 0W30 (which in that case, I wouldn't mind going for genuine Toyota oil), otherwise (for other grades/viscosities), why?

Isn't there lots of high quality yet sensibly priced lubricants available outside of the dealerships?

cheers3.gif

there is nothing special about toy's 5w-30. I dont recall who makes it for them, but its a major - and not their own stuff.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
there is nothing special about toy's 5w-30. I dont recall who makes it for them, but its a major - and not their own stuff.

When my sister had her 07 Camry I asked the Toyota dealer what oil they used...The dealer said they use 5w30 Kendall oil in everything no matter what grade the car called for...It really did not matter cause I caught them not changing the oil on her car and charging her for it...She soon traded the car in just get get away from dealing with Toyota as she would have panic attacks everytime she had to deal with any Toyota dealer down here.

I believe regular dino toyota 5w30 oil is Mobil Drive Clean, which is the same as Exxon Superflo, not to be confused with Mobil Clean 5000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back