Paid posters for Auto Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Well, I have absolutely no problem posting about Auto-Rx other than those whose life is dedicated to burying it with a vengeance.

This is an Auto-Rx thread ..and there's a ton of MMO people that just.. for no other reason than they had nothing better to do than migrate from the Turtle Was sponsored board ..come over to BITOG are burying it in MMO promotion.

Who's wearing the invisible elephant costumes??

I've had an association with Frank with experiments of my own creation. dNewton3 was one that all of you will have a very hard time arguing with ..yet none of you are calling him a shill nor denying his results. You can't since it is an "inconvenient truth" in your premeditated bashing of this product.

You're relentless. You chased TallPaul off the board for a while with his totally innocent post of a "not for scientific anything" use of it.

You've really got to step back and see the obsession that has consumed a few of you and try to explain it to yourself. I don't even like to comment about this product anymore since it creates a toxic reaction from people who allegedly have no interest in it.

You've made this section a really bad reflection on the board. You can cite that Frank did that too, but that kind means that you're being just as much of a jerk.

This is ridiculous.

No, THIS is what is ridiculous.

This entire debacle started because BITOG was turned into the Auto-RX marketing machine (and I mean MACHINE like a big city political machine) for a brief while. ANY and all dissension of the product or praise or even questions about other products were immediately put down by Frank and a select group of people who we now know were given free product with precise instructions from Frank to continue posting positive things about Auto-RX while simultaneously bashing other products or people who question Auto-RX.

I don't think Brent is a liar as others have stated the exact same thing!

The sad and ridiculous part is Frank and his cohorts ran a few good guys off this board - just so he could continue his marketing machine.

And you know what? I even used Auto-RX once and it DID remove deposits off the dipstick of my Toyota when I first bought it!

Okay ..your last line is the kicker/killer. You're ganging in with the mania here.

If you think Frank was the devil's spawn FINE.

Would that have the slightest association to turning any discussion about Auto-Rx into a MMO circle jerk??

Hey, I used Auto-Rx and it worked

Don't do that! Use MMO instead. The guy lied to you ..and you didn't get the results you saw ..and since we'll bury this thread ..no one else will either .. you can pack up and you're not welcome here ...even if you're a nice person otherwise. You just stepped into the snake pit of Frank Miller haters and you just are dog do-do as far as we're concerned.

That is, look what happens to ANYONE who posts about Auto-Rx.

Frank was obsessive, overbearing, inflexible, intractable, and adamantine.

So?

Can we not say "look what happens to ANYONE who posts about MMO"? ARX does get attacked often but so does MMO.

I got some really good flack on PM's when I first came here not so long ago and had some good results unsticking a lifter with MMO and I shared my experience. I was charged with trying to sell "snake oil".

Frank was obsessive, overbearing, inflexible, intractable, and adamantine.

So?

So....If you buy the stuff thinking you can get your money back if you are not satisfied, you now know What you are dealing with!

As I said before, I still believe (based on reports from people that I believe to be credible, Gary Allan included) that Arx may have some basis to some of it's claims.
BUT!! When marketing uses user testimony (especially COMPENSATED testimony) That testmony may not be the TRUTH!
To spell it out, Frank could quote a letter from Joe Blow saying things like: "since I added ARX my BHP has doubled and my fuel consumption is reduced by half" Hogwash! But, remember Frank did not say that!
I really think it is relevant to this site that, if 'that' is the way a company is working, That WE can make others aware of it.
The product stands on it's own, good or bad, we can state our own experiences. But for me, Arx's credibility, through it's owners modus operandi has been tarnished, to say the least.

Fact: I have purchased and used ARx, LC20, and MMO with my own $$$.

Fact: I have never been reimbursed or given free product by ARx, LC20, or MMO (Turtle Wax) or any other additive/oil company.

Fact: After posting a question about LC20 on BITOG, an unsolicited PM arrived in my inbox from Frank berating me about using a solvent in my engine. I swore on that day I would never, ever purchase ARx again.

Fact: I had a carbon/sludge deposit in my 24v Duratec engine. ARx did not touch it. LC20 did not touch it. Amsoil Engine Flush did not touch it. MMO did noticeably reduce the size of the deposit to my naked eye.

Fact: I am on this board to share my experiences and knowledge (positive and negative), no matter what product I use.

Every automotive forum I frequent has a view that BITOG is nothing but a marketing website and forum.

Drew, the other forums (non-automotive) I frequent hold BITOG in very high regard.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
Fact: I have purchased and used ARx, LC20, and MMO with my own $$$.

Fact: I have never been reimbursed or given free product by ARx, LC20, or MMO (Turtle Wax) or any other additive/oil company.

Fact: After posting a question about LC20 on BITOG, an unsolicited PM arrived in my inbox from Frank berating me about using a solvent in my engine. I swore on that day I would never, ever purchase ARx again.

Fact: I had a carbon/sludge deposit in my 24v Duratec engine. ARx did not touch it. LC20 did not touch it. Amsoil Engine Flush did not touch it. MMO did noticeably reduce the size of the deposit to my naked eye.

Fact: I am on this board to share my experiences and knowledge (positive and negative), no matter what product I use.

Exactly. Use what works for you. Share what works for you. Let others decide if it may work for them, and do not berate them if they go another path. Ultimately, its their car and their money.

I was lurking here when Frank was a sponsor, and he doesn't do very well in responding to any questions about the effectiveness of ARX.
Were there people with some financial interest posting favorable reviews of ARx?
Maybe so.
I have used ARx in two 120K+ engines, and I think it did make a difference. Without before and after compression testing, there is no way to know for sure.
Anyway, does ARx actually clean?
I think it does.
Does MMO do the same?
According to many here, it does.
Let's not sift the ashes too much.

I used ARX had a performance drop in engine response at 100,000 miles. Ranger 3.0 saw but Amsoil at 1000 miles yearly OCI 12000 miles. I read on Bitog same engine and same performance drop about the same amount of miles. He had results so I gave it a shot and believe me being an Amsoil user I did not care for ARX but it was not personal. I was looking for some results.

I ran ARX with Amsoil for 9000 miles clean phase. Rinse saw but squat in filter but clean phase the Eao fliter never felt heavier since using it.

My results from 1 application of ARX performance regained like new and my next 12000 mile OCI with Amsoil with Eao filter was much cleaner from previous, noticeable.

I was never compensated for speaking highly of Auto-Rx. It worked for me, though.

And I use LC20 between the ARX'ings... it works for me, too.

Yeah, if somebody sends another member a PM berating their usage of LC20, that IMO is clearly crossing the line.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not impressed with Frank's personality nor his business tactics. I can't even say that I have ever been satisfied with any answer he gave to any of my questions about ARX and how to use it. He seems almost illiterate when it comes to communicating on the Internet and I think he should stay away from his computer at all costs! I realize that he is ill and some of my criticism might be too harsh and insensitive, but that's my perspective.

With that being said, I do believe that his product is the most important thing about oil additives that I have discovered on BITOG. It has saved me thousands of dollars. It appears to do exactly what Frank says it will do in spades, and safely.

Do I post favorable things about ARX on the Internet? Yes. Did Frank find my posts? Yes. Did he offer me free ARX to post them elsewhere? Yes. Did I accept his offer? No and yes. I told him I would prefer to just pay my own way, but he could use my posts wherever he wanted. I even agreed to copy and paste a post from another forum to BITOG for no compensation at all. Why? Because I'm trying to give back to the board that helped me in my time of need for an affordable answer to my automotive problems.

Are Frank's business practices ethical? Well, I'm not a businessman, nor is anyone in my family. But he does appear to be more ethical than any radio or TV commercial advertiser that I've ever seen. At least he is trying to hire people that actually use his product. But it would be more ethical if the people that post favorable things about ARX on the Internet would identify themselves. That would help raise the level of awareness and credibility.

Do I like other oil additives? Well, I have very little experience with any others to compare to ARX, so not really. I do like MMO as a UCL used in the fuel though. But I'm experimenting with some others now.

Man i feel cheated. I'm out there buying bottles of ARX @ ~$18.00/bottle and I could have been getting it free or getting paid to use it? That sucks.

I can't complain too much, though. The product works like advertised although I'd advertise it more as a rebuild in a bottle. The work it did on my '96 cavalier was nothing short of spectacular. Compression went up by 15-20% in all cylinders and mileage went up from 31-32mpg to 37-40mpg. It didn't cure my oil consumption problem but its looking more like that is a mechanical issue that needs fixed.

As a side, my current experiments with MMO are still ongoing but not looking good with regards to compression restoration. I'm not studying the "cleaning" effects.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

As a side, my current experiments with MMO are still ongoing but not looking good with regards to compression restoration. I'm not studying the "cleaning" effects.

Same car? You might be maxed out on the compression results. Different car? Could be a mechanical problem, and not clogged up rings. I've had MMO save family and friends tons of cash over the years. Glad you had good results with A-Rx, I
tried it after MMO it briefly stopped a leak. Other than that nothing else. In all fairness to A-Rx had I not used MMO I might have noticed more of an improvement. Your case is the same, only in reverse?

My brother and I were talking about all the engines he had his hands on yesterday, and some of our MMO success stories. Half of them I had forgotten.

These threads bring a lot of things out, and IMO can help people make a decision. Seems a lot of people are having succes using both products. Nothing wrong with that if they get the results they were looking for.

Nice report.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Same car? You might be maxed out on the compression results. Different car? Could be a mechanical problem, and not clogged up rings. I've had MMO save family and friends tons of cash over the years. Glad you had good results with A-Rx, I
tried it after MMO it briefly stopped a leak. Other than that nothing else. In all fairness to A-Rx had I not used MMO I might have noticed more of an improvement. Your case is the same, only in reverse?

My brother and I were talking about all the engines he had his hands on yesterday, and some of our MMO success stories. Half of them I had forgotten.

These threads bring a lot of things out, and IMO can help people make a decision. Seems a lot of people are having succes using both products. Nothing wrong with that if they get the results they were looking for.

Nice report.

Actually, I'm using a couple different cars all well maintained like my car was.

Man i feel cheated. I'm out there buying bottles of ARX @ ~$18.00/bottle and I could have been getting it free or getting paid to use it? That sucks.

I can't complain too much, though. The product works like advertised although I'd advertise it more as a rebuild in a bottle. The work it did on my '96 cavalier was nothing short of spectacular. Compression went up by 15-20% in all cylinders and mileage went up from 31-32mpg to 37-40mpg. It didn't cure my oil consumption problem but its looking more like that is a mechanical issue that needs fixed.

Rebuild in a bottle? I don't think so..... I had some success with ARX but let's be honest about its limitations, nothing is that spectacular.

Originally Posted By: panthermike

Rebuild in a bottle? I don't think so..... I had some success with ARX but let's be honest about its limitations, nothing is that spectacular.

Seriously. I'm not calling anyone a liar, but you expect me to believe that a vehicle which was already getting better then EPA rated fuel economy suddenly went up over 10 mpg above EPA rated fuel economy from using an oil additive, knowing full well that people have been compensated to state these things?
crackmeup2.gif

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/FEG/noframes/12692.shtml

Originally Posted By: panthermike

Seriously. I'm not calling anyone a liar, but you expect me to believe that a vehicle which was already getting better then EPA rated fuel economy suddenly went up over 10 mpg above EPA rated fuel economy from using an oil additive, knowing full well that people have been compensated to state these things?
crackmeup2.gif

Drew99GT, Better watch out, stating facts or the truth will get you added to his ignore list.

You stated in this post that your Cavalier's mileage went from 31 to 34 mpg, a far cry from 31 to 40 mpg. Could you clarify that please?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1523723

crackmeup2.gif

I have exceeded EPA (even old ones) estimates on every car I have owned and the window sticker said 32 or 33mpg hwy when I bought it. Don't let the facts get in the way though.

Last edited:

You stated in this post that your Cavalier's mileage went from 31 to 34 mpg, a far cry from 31 to 40 mpg. Could you clarify that please?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1523723

Yup, as of this last summer it was regularly getting 37-40mpg on road trips. The car is on the maintenance dose and has improved regularly since its first clean/rinse. As for anything else that might have contributed to the continued increase, I don't know what it would be. It has only had regular maintenance done to it over the last 1.5 years (brakes, ATF, Plugs, air filter, fuel filter tires, etc.).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back