Union 76 Synthetic Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Union 76 API SM Synthetic Blend the same formula as Conoco Synthetic Blend , Phillips 66 Synthetic Blend API SMs?

Are they also they same a Motorcraft Synthetic Blend?

Reason I ask is a local establishment is selling The Union 76 Synthetic Blend for $1.09 a qt. I could not help noticing the Conoco, Phillips 66 writing on the out side of the cases along with the Union 76.

Hirev, I *think* it's the same as the other Conoco/Phillips oils, in the same weight. Look on the VOA section, at the archives stickied at the top of page 1. You can see that the VOA's of Motorcraft 5w30 & TropArtic 5w30 syn blend are identical. I'd bet that the Kendal GT1 syn blend is the same in 5w30, & that the C/P-made Union 76 is also the same in the same weight. At $1.09/qt, assuming its SM(or even SL) oil, I'd stock up! But that's just me.
grin.gif

$1.09 a quart is a great price. The Union 76 is virtually identical, if not identical, to Phillips Trop Arctic ($1.48 at Walmart), Motorcraft ($2.07 at Walmart) and Kendall ($1.59 at Big Lots). All oils are really good. I'm using Trop Arctic in my '99 Accord.

Hirev, at $1.09/qt., buy all you can safely store. As the others in this thread have pointed out, the 76 synthetic blends are the same as the other ConocoPhillips "brands" and probably Motorcraft, too. I'm using the TropArtic 10W-30 synthetic blend in my '03 Sonata's V6 with 80 quarts to go. The engine hasn't seized up, yet. (Now, how's THAT for a ringing endorsement?...)

I normally run Chevron/Havoline when I run dino juice. But the Union 76, Motorcraft, Conoco, and Phillips 66 synthetic blends look like they are worth trying... especially at the $1.09 price.

With oil about to hit $70.00 a barrel again, I'm thinking that I should buy some more Trop Arctic at $1.48 before it goes up to $3.00 a quart, like other synthetic blends.

Hirev, think of it this way, ordinary supertech is $1.27/qt. To find any decent brand name for less is a coup. To get a very nice synthetic base blend as well is like winning the super bowl.

After you clean out your local store, can you let us in on where this stuff is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back