Anything about RevTech oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know about Rev Tech motorcycle oil, or who makes it. I was looking through my JP cycle book and noticed it was decently priced and meeets all API service levels. I like to see that they sell a petro oil, Hydrocracked and a full Synthetic line.

Almost certainly just another boutique oil that will perform no better (but perhaps no worse) than a decent PCMO of the same weight.

I know some Harley guys who use it and really like it, and some indy Harley shops that put it in (rather than the HD Citgo made product).

Thing is, who knows whose base oil RevTech is using? For all we know, Citgo could be refining it too. :)

I think if you're looking for a heavy for grade, high ZDDP oil for your bike I'd check out Valvoline's VR-1 (and don't listen to their "help line" which says it's not suited for motorcycles). They honestly know less about their own product than we here at BITOG know.
wink.gif

Dan

Dan,

Thanks for your input, I also did some research on the VR-1, I like the spec numbers especially the amount of ZDDP, Valvoline is a name you can trust!.. Their motorcycle oil also looks good for a dino, very close to the VR-1. When I put my bike away for the winter months I put all Red Line products in, I bought their V-Twin 20w50 Power Pack. I am curious about this stuff, word is that it is the best, not sure!!..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back