GET G-oil is the official motor oil of ALMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
This paragraph says it all:

"While the G-Oil logo will take prominence at racing events, and be used by all IMSA service vehicles, it has not yet been made mandatory for the race cars themselves. Of course, the racing season has already started. The American Le Mans Series could decide to include it as a rule for next year."

I guarantee you there is not one drop of this oil in a race car - just another example of maketing, folks!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
just another example of maketing, folks!

It is about marketing.

But:

Quote:
While the company says it's awaiting approval for a car and truck motor oil, and has tested a race car-worthy version

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11128_3-10162482-54.html?tag=mncol

And:
Quote:
G-Oil has received API starburst certification, a symbol put on a product's packaging to signify it meets specific standards and is recommended for use by leading vehicle manufacturers. GET's car oil was additionally granted the API service symbol donut, a seal signifying an oil product has "energy-conserving properties in a standard test in comparison to a reference oil

Now that the API approval has come, GET, which will be showcasing new products at the AAPEX show in Las Vegas next week, says consumers will begin to see its G-Oil motor oil for cars and trucks at leading national chains. It already began selling its product at National Auto Stores, a Pennsylvania-based chain, as of October 1.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11128_3-10386054-54.html?tag=mncol

I'm not completely sure what to think about this however.
Quote:
The company says more than 90 percent of used G-Oil will biodegrade in just nine days

Originally Posted By: sangyup81
I'm still waiting for a PDS from that company.....

How long has it been? I just emailed them for a PDS this morning.

Quote:
The company says more than 90 percent of used G-Oil will biodegrade in just nine days

How does the oil know if it's "used" or not???

This tells me that their oil starts to seriously degrade in 9 days after being put in an engine.

Green Earth Technologies inc. Has signed a bulk distribution contract with Green Planet Products. This outfit primarily sells smoking apperatus & rolling papers. Lite up or leave me alone!

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:

How does the oil know if it's "used" or not???

This tells me that their oil starts to seriously degrade in 9 days after being put in an engine.

This is from their website.

GET's proprietary process produces saturated chain of carbon mainly in the 16 to 20 carbon lengths that mimic crude oil distillates in structure. Biodegradability is defined by an ASTM specification that puts the material for 28 days in contact with environmentally present bacteria and measures the proportion that is broken down back into elemental form. The conditions of the engine and the environment are vastly different. So, no, it doesn't biodegrade in the engine. We have engine tests now that show that G-Oil meets or exceeds the performance of ASTM reference oils in these conditions and have an ongoing program to continue to obtain additional test data.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

Thanks for that. I'm still going to let someone else go first.

What is the issue? It has API SM approval.

I am aware of that. I just prefer "conventional" oil.

Originally Posted By: gofastman
I'm hesitant to try their oil, but I sure like their wheel cleaner!

I am not but I still have awhile until I will be changing my oil.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr

This is from their website.

GET's proprietary process produces saturated chain of carbon mainly in the 16 to 20 carbon lengths that mimic crude oil distillates in structure.

Would it not be better to mimic PAOs, for example, than crude distillates?

ester based on animal fats so what, if 90% ester than yeah maybe can say 90% will biodegrade BUT additive system may interfere with that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back