VW in Nascar???

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is they could not use those bad mofo V8 engines that are in their street cars. They would have to develop a new pushrod engine to meet the rules. It would be interesting.

I'd feel much better with VW in Nascar then Toyota........

I feel, that even decades ago, VW has been more oriented towards sporty cars, while Toyota has been more of a grocery getter. Given the history of nascar, it was always about showing off what you had to offer....

How does Toyota relate to sports cars? Wow they are parading around Camry's......... thats a slap in the face to me

we whent from Hemi's, Impalas, Monte Carlos, to Camry's..........

I"d much rather see the name VW GTI in the mix.....

this could also be a cool new feature to nascar, what if they were euro sponsored teams factory backed or such, and used german crews/drivers...... It would open the sport up more and let it grow... The good ole boys would be working hard to keep their titles..... the new commers would have something to prove.

Last edited:
How long did it take for the good ol boys get used to Toyota...be awesome seeing some country boy wearing a VW hat with a Nascar logo.

i guess I liked NASCAR in the 60s and early 70s....Now they all look the same and run most of the same parts underneath...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back