Paste: turtle wax platinum, meguiar #16 & #26?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to do the detailing but i'm a newbie in this, so i'm try to get some suggestion.
From what i've read, the meguiar #16 paste is a long lasting product and it's expensive too. So i'm thinking to get the turtle wax platinum ultra gloss paste since it is cheaper than meguiar #16 around 25%.

Here is my choice:
a) Turtle wax platinum ultra gloss (around $18)
b) Meguiar #16 professional carnauba paste wax ($24)
c) Meguiar #26 Hi-Tech yellow wax paste ($21)
d) Turtle wax super hard shell paste ($7)

May i know how is the durable between these 3 products? Which one are longest lasting among these? Which one is best for money? Please, give me some comments about the products i choose.

I'd vote for the Meguires NXT paste wax also. Lasts longer than anything I've ever used and I've waxed cars since the'50's when it took all day to symonise a car.

Megs #16 has been discontinued so whatever you find is old stock. Still might be OK to use just not widely available.

Megs #26 is fine and widely available.

I don't care for either TW product, the old skool Hard Shell wax is a poor performer in my experience. Their Platinum line seems OK.

If you want a long lasting paste wax, look at Collinite 476S.

EDIT - Oops, I just noticed you are in Asia. I think Megs #16 is still available outside the US. My comments only apply to US distributed products.

I can only comment on the #16 and #26 waxes on your list. Never used the other two. In my experience, #16 has slightly better durability than the #26, but the #26 has a way of bringing out the depth of the color and has a better gloss. I know this product is not on your list but consider Collinite 476s if you can find it. It has outstanding durability qualities and (once again this is only my opinion) leaves an exceptional gloss.

Just tried a can of Kit wax and this stuff still works great,Brazilian carnuba and micropolishing agents, can't get any better on the cheap
34.gif

ya I've read about positive comment on meg nxt paste wax, too bad it's out of my budget. And the coll 476s, I can't find it here, so it may out of the list too..
frown.gif

my dad bought a tw platinum for his car last week, so I might try to get the meg #16 or meg #26 for my own car and my sister car.
What is the different between meg #16 and meg #26? only the durability or..?
Kit wax, are selling same price with the turtle wax super hard shell here, my friend apply kit wax liquid on his car and it seems to attract dust. maybe using wrong technique or it's natural?

illyas,
According to Meguires, the #16 is a blend of waxes and the #26 is a blend of several waxes, polymers and silicones.

IMHO TW Ice paste is the best, if you use the ice QD spray to help you remove it.

KIT wax is not bad, but it leaves residue all over the place, which quickly reminds you of why TW Ice liquid/polish is so awesome. No abrasives == No residue.

Okay thank you guys for your input, I understand the different between meg 16 & 26 now after reading.
About the turtle wax platinum ultra gloss, I think it's good for my dad cars or perhaps I can get another tin of meg 16 for him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back