I want to buy a new bike...which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like cruising for long distances, and my old Suzuki Boulevard C50T was just to uncomfortable and too small. After lots of research I have it narrowed down to the Kawasaki Voyager, or the Harley Electra Glide Ultra. Has anyone rode the Voyager? What are the pro and cons? On paper the Voyager looks good, and being 6' 5" tall, I seem to fit on it OK, though the Harley seems to have more room.
Thanks!

Can't beat the Voyager. I have a GL1800, but would love to have a Voyager as a stablemate. With all the $ you save from getting a Harley, you can take that many more weeks in vacations. Only complaint I've heard about is the locking mechanism for the saddlebags.

If you are looking for a screaming deal on a new leftover bike there are 2007 Honda VTX 1800's (NEW) on ebay and at many Honda dealers. Prices are in the $7900-9900 range for a brand new bike with factory warranty. There is a 2007 Honda VTX 1800 cruiser here brand new with windshield & bags for $10,999 and a $1,000 rebate until 1/4. If you are interested I'll get the dealers number for you. The bike is black and looks really nice. Not a scratch on it.

Last edited:
While I appreciate your offer, PT1, and though the VTX 1800's are very, very nice, it's just not what I'm looking for.

I'm leaning toward the Voyager, I've just never known anyone who's rode one.

I don't have anything to ad about the Voyager but as a fellow rider who is also 5'-17"
lol.gif
I can sympathize with you about finding a bike to fit. The Kawasaki website lists the Voyagers seat height as 28.1 inches and that is about the same as my Heritage.
This is a pic of me and my Heritage on Christmas day...I sure wish that Harley would make full size bikes!!

752648605_pMtjd-L.jpg

If you want to be cool and different.. don't buy a Japanese bike. Everyone has one; it's like Trabants in former East Germany...you'll get tired of them!!

Originally Posted By: Popinski
If you want to be cool and different.. don't buy a Japanese bike. Everyone has one; it's like Trabants in former East Germany...you'll get tired of them!!

That's funny, I could swear that the sales numbers indicate that H-D is the most plentiful brand. I guess that'd make them the American Trabant...

Harley has the dominant market share last time I saw at 27%, with Honda being the number 2.

Out of every cruiser I see here, probably 7 out of 10 are HD bikes.

Id go Kawasaki between the two, but when it comes to Japanese metrics I am a Yamaha man.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bigdreama
I don't have anything to ad about the Voyager but as a fellow rider who is also 5'-17"
lol.gif
I can sympathize with you about finding a bike to fit. The Kawasaki website lists the Voyagers seat height as 28.1 inches and that is about the same as my Heritage.
This is a pic of me and my Heritage on Christmas day...I sure wish that Harley would make full size bikes!!

752648605_pMtjd-L.jpg

Nice Heritage...but I thought they had a lower seat height? Maybe I am thinking about the Deluxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back