Motorcycle Challenge to grampi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: o2man98
Originally Posted By: grampi

I still don't get why guys buy slow bikes then spend a ton of money trying to make them fast. Why not just buy a fast bike to begin with? I'll race him if I get to spend 5K on mods for my bike. There ain't no way he's gonna race your ZX-14. It could tow his bike faster than it could run on its own.

Grampi, this is about your M109 and it being faster then Harley's. Are you backing out already. I figured it would at least take until March. Why would you get to spend $5K on mods if I have not spent that much. I am already giving up over 300cc's to you.

Oh quit acting all smug. Your bike has got at least $10K worth of work done to it regardless of how much you paid. A stock V-Rod is roughly the same as a 109 performance wise. ANYONE can modify ANYTHING to make it fast. I don't know what you're trying to prove here, that a highly modified V-Rod is faster than stock 109? A 109 with the same amount of work you've done to your V-Rod would be just as fast if not faster. This is ridiculous.

Yeah, and my Honda Metropolitan gets better gas mileage than either of your bikes....
27.gif

43.gif
'

Sorry guys, tension breaker - couldn't help it....
55.gif

Oh quit acting all smug.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

This is ridiculous.

Now I think this is something we could all agree on.

Originally Posted By: af0h
Yeah, and my Honda Metropolitan gets better gas mileage than either of your bikes....
27.gif

th_HondaMetropolitan.jpg

49cc's of raw power!
04.gif

Come on now, lighten up guys...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny

Oh quit acting all smug.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

This is ridiculous.

Now I think this is something we could all agree on.

This means so much coming from a Harley cheeleader. Where's your pom poms?

Last edited:
Well bright boy for your information I'm a motorcycle cheerleader. I happen to own a Vespa scooter thank you very much. I have owned Harleys, as well as BMW, Honda, and Suzuki. I think they are all great. But quite frankly, your petty one sided opinion and bashing is getting very old.

Well bright boy for your information I'm a motorcycle cheerleader. I happen to own a Vespa scooter thank you very much. I have owned Harleys, as well as BMW, Honda, and Suzuki. I think they are all great. But quite frankly, your petty one sided opinion and bashing is getting very old.

As opposed to the one sided bashing from the Harley guys?

27.gif

th_HondaMetropolitan.jpg

49cc's of raw power!
04.gif

Come on now, lighten up guys...

Hey af0h, when the snow melts want to go scooter riding? I give up on any sane reasoning coming from the motorcycle bunch.

I still don't get why guys buy slow bikes then spend a ton of money trying to make them fast. Why not just buy a fast bike to begin with? I'll race him if I get to spend 5K on mods for my bike. There ain't no way he's gonna race your ZX-14. It could tow his bike faster than it could run on its own.

Grampi, this is about your M109 and it being faster then Harley's. Are you backing out already. I figured it would at least take until March. Why would you get to spend $5K on mods if I have not spent that much. I am already giving up over 300cc's to you.

Oh quit acting all smug. Your bike has got at least $10K worth of work done to it regardless of how much you paid. A stock V-Rod is roughly the same as a 109 performance wise. ANYONE can modify ANYTHING to make it fast. I don't know what you're trying to prove here, that a highly modified V-Rod is faster than stock 109? A 109 with the same amount of work you've done to your V-Rod would be just as fast if not faster. This is ridiculous.

Smug??? This is what you wanted. To prove your M109 is so much faster then a Harley? I generously provided you with a place geographically between us to prove that. I even went as far as offering to pay your admission to the track. Heck, if you win this deal I will even have a case of Amsoil for your M109 sent right to your doorstep on my tab.

So now your saying your M109 is just as fast as a stock Harley. Geez stories change fast. Interesting that a stock 1130cc bike is just as fast as your 1783cc bike. That is ALMOST a fair matchup.
smirk2.gif

Smug??? This is what you wanted. To prove your M109 is so much faster then a Harley? I generously provided you with a place geographically between us to prove that. I even went as far as offering to pay your admission to the track. Heck, if you win this deal I will even have a case of Amsoil for your M109 sent right to your doorstep on my tab.

So now your saying your M109 is just as fast as a stock Harley. Geez stories change fast. Interesting that a stock 1130cc bike is just as fast as your 1783cc bike. That is ALMOST a fair matchup.
smirk2.gif

Sorry, I should've said the 109 is as fast as a stock Porsche, seeing that's what the V-Rod is. It's faster than any stock Harley.

Hey af0h, when the snow melts want to go scooter riding? I give up on any sane reasoning coming from the motorcycle bunch.

Sure, I can't wait for warm weather.

Sure would be one heck of a ride to meet up with you though....

Sorry, I should've said the 109 is as fast as a stock Porsche, seeing that's what the V-Rod is. It's faster than any stock Harley.

Where do you get that it is a Porsche? What part does Porsche assemble?

Originally Posted By: bigdreama
Doods

Lighten up. I think you northern guys have cabin fever.

Get out and ride.
648062906_s9kxq-L.jpg

Bradenton, FL. I'm extremely jealous about now. I won't be riding until the first week of April.

Is that your BMW? If so, nice bike.

Nope. Not my bike but I love the pic and have set it as my computer wallpaper, a fellow rider from New Zealand posted it on another forum I frequent.
This is my bike in a much more mundane environment: my driveway
frown.gif

294228459_4n69j-L.jpg

Trying to make any cruiser a fast machine on the street just makes no sense to me. One of the local Harley nuts spent a TON of money.....he is saying 27k on a Harley with just about everything S&S on it. He got smoked by a smaller stock Suzuki B King. Its an 1/8 mile track and the Harley was a full second and a half slower.

Whatever you ride just enjoy it, and let others do the same. I ride metric cause its all I can ever afford. I do think Harley's are overpriced, but they sell the [censored] out of them. I wave at anyone whether they are on a Honda CBR600, a Yamaha Zuma, or a Harley Road King.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back