Feeler: BITOG Northeast Meet & Greet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing some thinking earlier. Probably wouldn't work, but do you know what might be fun? A meet & Greet for BITOG members. I would be willing to put some money into it (of what little I have) , and organizing it if people would want to donate any money, and if anyone would be able to come... Just a feeler thread, to see if anyone would be interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would probably try to get it for Saratoga Spa State park or Congress Park, here in Saratoga Springs. I haven't even started really planning it, I would need to solidly know that if I did, people would actually attend. It would definitely have to be in spring, or summer, after the snow melts though. Everyone come on, post thoughts or ideas. Brainstorm! I'm game if you guys are.

I can see why you would say that, to make it worth it for people to come any real distance to go to it. It would take a lot of effort, and a LOT of contributions to do anything like that.

I'd love to meet anyone and everyone. I'm just figuring how we take over a pavilion at some park ... bring your grill ..

Maybe regional meetings would not be a bad idea for those that can't make a cross country trip.

I'm game for trying to do something for the WI, MN, IA, IL, and MI crowd.

You should do it in February and make it overnight so everyone can brag about their cold cranking capabilities. And we can argue about blue vs yellow windshield washer fluid.

Could also "camp" in a walmart parking lot then one at a time ask the TLE counter guy obscure motor oil questions.

@ eljefino: ROFL I like that one.

I was actually pondering if one of our site sponsors would donate some samples for a gift pack of sorts. Some Amsoil, PP, Techron, Purolator filters or something, not sure. I would of course talk to the park people about it to make sure it would be ok to take over one of their parking lots or something for a day or two. Also, what do you guys think? Cater or grill your own? I'm sure I could get a couple grills, and the parks generally have their own as well, I'd find out. I figure grill our own sounds better than catering, if nothing else from a cost standpoint.
crazy2.gif

"Hello, Protected Waterways Endangered Tadpole regional park, how may I help you?"

"I'd like to have a convention and reserve thirty spaces"

"Okay any special activities in mind?"

"We're going to trade used motor oil in glass mason jars and grease our cars in your parking lot"

(click)
lol.gif

Oh jeez, LOL. Sad part is that's probably going to end up happening. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one car going home with a repair or a fresh oil change lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back