Rate this tire: Cooper CS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says, your good and bad about this tire.

I've a positive trend toward Cooper lately, and the the CS4 seems to do pretty good....

Fire away!

I love 'em. Four on my Grand Marquis for about a year. Excellent traction, dry, wet, snow, ice. I was surprised how good they are in the winter. Minimal wear after one year. Quiet. Reasonable price. What more can I say?

I use them as summer tires on my SAAB 9-5. Maybe 20K miles of use before I put my winter tires on the car.

The CS4's are: Quiet, Smooth riding, Great grip in dry and wet. Sidewalls are not as stiff as their Zeon Sport A/S, so handling diminishes a little, but treadwear appears to be at least twice as long!

No experience with snow or ice - that's what the winter tires are for.

I am very happy with the CS4's!

Last edited:
Maybe I got a bad set, but I think the QC is questionable.

Each tire needed between 1.5-2.5 ounces PER SIDE to balance, and within 500 miles, they were already out-of-balance. Maybe they slipped on the rim, I don't know, but it's still odd.

I bought 4 & they never could be balanced properly causing the steering wheel to wobble @ highway speeds. Nevertheless, exchanged them for Kumho's the wobbling disappeared!

Good luck,
~Button

I have them and love them so far! Only about 3k on them- great in cold temps and snow. Okay on ice. I feel confident driving on them in most conditions.

In the dry, quiet and smooth on the highway and grippy enough in the corners for an all season. They did take quite a bit of weight to balance- but they are smooth. Mine are the small 14" H rated ones.

I have had a set of V-rated CS4s for a year. They have been great for dry and wet traction. Ride quality is good despite moderately stiff sidewalls. They balanced just fine without that much weight.

I would buy them again.

The T-rated version is an entirely different tire, and I haven't any experience with them.

Originally Posted By: Stu_Rock
I have had a set of V-rated CS4s for a year. They have been great for dry and wet traction. Ride quality is good despite moderately stiff sidewalls. They balanced just fine without that much weight.

I would buy them again.

The T-rated version is an entirely different tire, and I haven't any experience with them.

You may be on to something there. My successful 20k were also on V-rated ones. That may explain some of the different results. I know the H and V rated ones are four ribbed whereas the T-rated one has three.

We got some maybe a month ago on my wife's Vue. We just drove through snow/slush for the first time with them. They were good in the snow. A gas station on a hill had a lot of snow in it. There were some people pushing a Mustang back out to the street because it was stuck. We were turning around and backing right up to the pump with no sliding.

Have a set (215-65-15, H or V-rated) on my Sable. They do quite well in the snow. Around here, the plows stop around 5-6 pm, and I have to drive home about midnight. I usually run 44 psi, can get 30 mpg in the summer.

I am pretty new to this forum, but enjoy everyone's input. I just installed a set of Cooper CS4 H-rated 225/60/16 on my Caddy Deville. Drove them all of 20 miles and love them!

When I purchased the car in 2/07, they had nearly new Goodyear Tripletreads. My experience with these tires is, they wear like iron, got decent milage @24 and are very quite, but the handling in rain and snow was less than desireable. Could not justify spending about $600 to replace them.

So in 9/09 I put on some Fuzion HRi (purchased 5/09 cost @ $89 each). Another mistake. Very LOUD and lost 3-4 mpg:-( I must say, all handling (dry, wet and snow) did improve over GY's. The money I saved on the purchase will go back in lost gas milage.

So after that came the Coopers. I hope to get the same gas milage and tread wear with the Coopers as I did w/the GY's. Coopers are certainly as quite, if not more quite than GY's and handling is way better than GY's and as good, if not better than the Fuzions. I missed the big rebates, but did get an instant $25 off for purchasing in 12/09 from treadepot.com. Got Wal-Mart to install w/lifetime balance/rotation for $62. Tires ran about $89 each w/shipping. All said and done each tire was $104.75. My only regret is I wish I found the Coopers before the Fuzions.

I read a few posts about milage and would like to know what others are getting with a smiliar car like Caddy Deville.

Thanks,
John

Wow -- you rated the Fuzions above the Tripletread for rain/snow/dry handling? That's surprising. I have not used neither

Originally Posted By: qship1996
Cooper tires suck, bottom of the barrel low price leader.

Why so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back