Kart racing oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been asked in the past what the weight of the Thor or Kool power oils were. No one seemed to know but the oils looked very thin. Got a email from Thor and they said the light is a 20 weight and the heavy is a 28-30 weight. Since I got this letter my friends are willing to try the AMSOIL Racing Dominator 5w-20 in their karts.

I can't answer your question but Alisyn oil has some "less than zero wt" oil that might be something to look at. I'm not sure if its recommended for a full race though.

I'm sorry but that is impossible! You may see .1 hp from oil but no more. And yes, I have built and dynoed hundreds of WKA stock Briggs. Cool Power green light or FHS Lightning stock always worked well for me. FHS Dominator for the big races.

We cheated. Altered flywheel lightend & magnet advanced. The head off a 4hp is Higher compression too. Don't you know? You gotta love a small town venue that the builder is the official.

We cheated. Altered flywheel lightend & magnet advanced. The head off a 4hp is more compression too. Don't you know? You gotta love a small town venue that the builder is the official.

If that is a cast iron flywheel you have a grenade on your hands. You never alter a flywheel. Also, the 4hp head is not the advantage you think it may be. Kills air flow compared to a 5hp head.

When things are done right they work out, everything is a calculated risk. Have you ever changed the magnet? off set the rollpin bores and epoxy the void a grind here and a grind there and wah-la. Gee wizz it doesn't even advance as much as a offset key. It 100% was undetectable. This was 15 yrs ago. and we ran that kart in 3 different classes every Sat. night. 265lb, 365lb, and 400lb. We never won any races, we were way out dollared. Had fun. We ran the same motor & tires all season. 9 races every sat. night, 6 heats, 3 features 135 laps 1 kart. 9 oil changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back