Kal Tech PF-9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up a Kal Tech PF-9 and an Uncle Mike's #4 Pocket holster.

It is a 9 MM and loaded comes in around 15 or so oz.

Normally always carry a gun and wanted something I could slip into my pocket. Gun is less than one inch thick so it fills the bill and as you carry it much more than shooting it, wanted something on the light side.

I also carry a North American Arms 22 mag some of the time and have an ultra light .38 but am liking this.

Need to take it out and run a few boxes of shells through it.

Have read a lot of positive reviews about it.

There were some problems with early production but understand that has been resolved.

I have a Kel-Tec P11 the 10 round version of the PF-9.

It is difficult to shoot it is so light. My suggestion is that if you want to shoot through a 50 round box then bring shooting gloves.
My P11 makes me flinch bad if I shoot more than 20 rounds in one sitting without gloves, my wife wont even shoot it because it is too snappy in recoil.

Some Kel-Tec firearms take awhile to break in, some being good out of the box and not having trouble, others being difficult for the first 2-300 rounds. Take your time and clean it thoroughly and read up on the manuel on what lubes to use where.
My P-11 likes a dab of grease on the hammer as it helps reduce friction when the slide recoils and cocks it. I think you have a re-strike capability with the PF-9, I dont with the p-11.

I have a P-3AT as my "go anywhere" gun. I have it with me when I can't/don't want to carry my Glock 26.
It took a while to get it right, but it's been pretty reliable now that I've polished the feed ramp, and treated it with Militec-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back