Good conventional oil for 06 Infiniti M45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats a good conventional oil for my 06 M45? The car has 34,790 miles and the engine was replaced at 34,055. So its still breaking in. What would be a good oil for mostly city driving. The car barely sees the highway and is driven maybe 5 miles a day on some days. Right now I have Castrol GTX in it and would be to try Mobil clean 5000. Any suggestions?

Ok...I'll bite...what happened to the original engine??

I have been running Redline 5w-30 in my QX56, but may be somewhat unnecessary given a 7500 OCI..

This is a $50K Nissan sedan?

They replaced the engine under warranty for using too much oil?

Conventionals

1) Pennzoil YB
2) Castrol GTX

Any dino would be okay, but you need to change the oil on time basis such as every 6 months for severe driving condition, short city trips is severe.

Man, are we seeing some interesting service history on the 4.5 engines.

Hard to beat the good ol' Castrol for conventional protection.

What does the factory recommend?

The 4.5 engines will burn some oil especially the 03 and 04 models. Owners just reported oil consumption and the dealer just keeps telling them it is normal. When the 06 early models came out a few of them including mine also had oil consumption problems where you would get blue smoke from the exhaust on start ups. I had the dealer do a oil consumption test on mine and after 3000 miles a new engine was ordered and replaced because I had consumed over 2 quarts of oil every 1000 miles.

Same issue with the 05,06 and 07 G35 coupes with the manual transmission. I had read tons of engines being replaced cause their car was burning excessive oil.

Now the 3.7 engines with the VVEL are getting loud tapping sounds during cold starts. Infiniti recommends using their Nissan ester oil to quiet the noise down but who's gonna pay $12 a quart for oil.

Those are just some of the issues with Nissan/Infiniti engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back