Which Pennzoil for winter use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm torn between buying regular Pzoil or pp for winter use in a 02 firebird LS1. I also thought about using 5qts of the regular with 1 qt pp. The car gets used a few times a week in winter so its not really sitting undriven. I have been using the regular Pzoil.
The difference in price is about 15 dollars regular Pzoil compared to the PP at walmart. Whats your opinions? Thank You

Originally Posted By: 99TA
I'm torn between buying regular Pzoil or pp for winter use in a 02 firebird LS1. I also thought about using 5qts of the regular with 1 qt pp. The car gets used a few times a week in winter so its not really sitting undriven. I have been using the regular Pzoil.
The difference in price is about 15 dollars regular Pzoil compared to the PP at walmart. Whats your opinions? Thank You

Since its "none of our business" where you live (that is why the board ASKS for it)
33.gif
it is going to be hard to help you.

Give us more info and maybe the help will be more factual than guesses.

PP is not expensive here at all. $20 for a 5 qt jug at walmart.Plus they have recently had a $15 rebate which made it $1/qt. Not sure if the rebate is still on but I would check it for sure.

What part of nonya do you live in? Back in the day I ran standard Pennzoil 5W-30 in my company provided Ford Taurus and never had any problems. Gets pretty cold up here in the winter.

I live in the northeast, PP was 23 at walmart regular Pzoil is 11.50.

Yes they just raised the price of PP at Walmart. I'm not sure if Castrol is still having the rebate on Edge, I believe so (see the sales and deals section). If that is the case get Edge 5w30 from Advanced (5 quarts plus pureone filter for $25). Edge is a very thin oil. I just put it in my mother's Rav4 and this morning (25degF) it started up quite nicely.

I live in the northeast, PP was 23 at walmart regular Pzoil is 11.50.

Thats tellz us enough. It's not like we are coming to see you for xmas dinner. Since you have something to hide what is the winter time lows looking like.

I'd use PP all the time if it were me.

I'm in queen creek, AZ 851434.....send santa

I'm not hiding anything, just don't think its anyones business where i live. Lows here are usually not extreme but can get down to 5 f.

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
What vehicle are we guessing at this for?

Did you happen to read the original post?

Truth is YB or PP will work fine it comes down to cost. For me in a non-beater car I go with synthetic oil, because "I" think its better. Then with recent rebates and discounts I've scored some for under $1/qt. Win Win!

sounds like you live within the borders of the USA =)

any improvements PP will give over PYB are marginal except the UOA supported belief here in BITOG that you can extend your OCIs with PP over PYB

I have to be this specific because the makers of these products and their affiliates don't believe in extended OCIs

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I`d go with Fuchs 40W70

LOL!! Or even H-D 60 wt.

OP, you asked for help. Then you don't tell us where you live. You don't have to state your coordinates, or even your town. Just tell us the general area of what state you live in. IE Upstate New York, Southern Ohio, etc etc. Kind of hard to recommend oil for you when we don't know where you live. Living in Northern Maine, you might need a different oil than if you live in Arizona. Then again, you should probably always stick to the oil weight recommended by your manufacturer. Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1 in whatever weight your manual/filler cap specifies.

I could tell you but then i'd have to delete you. lmao

man you are winning us over left and right.

i tend to use YB in the older, higher mileage rigs (our older jeep) and PP in our newer rigs that get driven more.

both will your protect your engine well in the weather you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back