Mustang @ Challenger in NASCAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Steve S
Maybe it would be more fitting to redo the Trans Am series since there are the "big3" pony cars hot and heavy.

They do, it's called the Koni Challenge Series that they run in conjunction with GrandAm cars. I'm sure there will be Camaros this year. Last year there were Mustangs and Challengers.

http://www.konisportscarchallenge.com/

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Really cool if a government sponsored Camaro would run.

Thank you, I just LOL'd!

That Koni Challenge looks interesting. I enjoy touring car races with actual corners and real cars and not the Nascar type races with their heavily modified cars.

That is great to know are they real cars or are they like NASCAR builds?

They are "real cars", even more stock(ish) than the original, early Trans Am series cars were (what with all of the cheating/acid dipping of bodies, etc. that went on in that crazy series!!).
But neither the Koni Challenge cars, nor the early Trans Am rides were tube frame 'silhouette' deals like NASCAR and latter day Trans Am series machines were.

The only thing I still don't get is yeah ok the front grill area may look like both cars, but the rest of the body doesn't until you hit the rear of the car(the fake tail-lights). Still looks like the 1980's Monte Carlo body with a chopped front/rear.

They're not stock cars. They're the new version of the Nascar "Car of Tomorrow" that is going to be used in the Nationwide series. Tube frame spec race cars. I don't think its fair to say they're not "real" cars. Racing with an actual factory chassis of any sort when coupled with 800+ horsepower would be pretty mundane, unless you raced nothing but Vipers and Corvettes. I hated the spec-build NASCAR cars when they replaced actual factory chassis back in the 70s too, but I've come to realize that it really does allow much more interesting racing without being such a risk to drivers' lives.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

They're not stock cars. They're the new version of the Nascar "Car of Tomorrow" that is going to be used in the Nationwide series. Tube frame spec race cars. I don't think its fair to say they're not "real" cars. Racing with an actual factory chassis of any sort when coupled with 800+ horsepower would be pretty mundane, unless you raced nothing but Vipers and Corvettes. I hated the spec-build NASCAR cars when they replaced actual factory chassis back in the 70s too, but I've come to realize that it really does allow much more interesting racing without being such a risk to drivers' lives.

I believe Steve S was asking about the stated Koni Challenge cars, NOT these new NASCAR rides. But I could be wrong.
Steve S???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back