What spark plugs for 2008 Cobalt 2.2L?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
If you are really looking for something to do, pull them off, get some good pics and post here, we can then judge the condition of the plugs better.

This is from a 2.4 Ecotec at 50K miles:

001a.jpg

I replaced the plugs on my 2003 ION at 70,000 miles and they were toast. They were double platinum AC Delco plugs.

Te replacement AC Delco plugs were iridium.

My dad's 2007 Pontiac G6 had about 80,000 miles on it when I told him he should probably have his spark plugs replaced. I was stunned to see that the factory iridium plugs were still in pretty good shape. I replaced them anyway.

AC Delco plugs do look suspiciously like NGK plugs, and they are made in Japan for the Ecotec. I asked the parts store for the NGK plug, but they said they didn't have any.

I think a lot of the ACDelco Iridiums are made in the US but from NGK or Denso components from Japan. They look like a cross between an NGK and the previous platinum style ACDelco. the AcDelco iridiums are fine if available for your application I think and tend to have the proper wider gap that some GM applications have.

I've seen some that said "assembled in USA from Japanese components". Japan probably has higher labor cost than the US now lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back