Who makes Pennzoil Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I was worried it was made by Fram. Changing the color from Orange to White does not make the can less deadly.

Originally Posted By: Gunatics_Adler
Thanks. I was worried it was made by Fram. Changing the color from Orange to White does not make the can less deadly.

Last time I looked the cans were yellow

Got a bunch of free Pennzoil filters Part number pz103. Who made them for Pennzoil?
Mind if I ask where you found these?
I been looking for one for my collection.

Post baseplate pics for insurance. Forever ago they used to be fram.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Got a bunch of free Pennzoil filters Part number pz103. Who made them for Pennzoil?

My friend had a bunch for his Big Block powered Camaro drag car. Well he lost his license to drive for awhile and gave me a couple cases of oil and filters for Chevy V8's

This filter is not yellow, she is white. I will take a baseplate pic when I get up to our speed shop later this week.

I recall a BITOG thread years ago that implied pennzoil filters were different regionally too.

From my own experience puro baseplates are a shinier metal than fram.
21.gif

This was way back in the day, 2002ish, when Havoline was made by both Equilon and Texaco. It was the wild west man! Couldn't count on anything.

Originally Posted By: river_rat

My friend had a bunch for his Big Block powered Camaro drag car. Well he lost his license to drive for awhile and gave me a couple cases of oil and filters for Chevy V8's

This filter is not yellow, she is white. I will take a baseplate pic when I get up to our speed shop later this week.

Interesting, I look forward to seeing the pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back