Peak Global life time antifreeze & coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have this in my 2.5 Jeep. Good stuff.

I change it out every 2 years and it is easy to find at my local walmart. In either pure or 50/50. I like to do a 75% coolant with 25% distilled water.

Makes it easy for me to keep a bottle of 50/50 to top off with.

Last edited:
Some but not all Walmarts have it. Make sure its got GLOBAL in the name. You don't want just Peak Lifetime. If you have an Asian vehicle this is really the only antifreeze you can use other than a dealer antifreeze if you don't want DEX.

G-05 is good antifreeze and I have it in my Jeep but I would not put it in a vehicle that called for no silicate antifreeze.

Ford now sells Japanese P-OAT coolant (reportedly Mazda FL22) as Motorcraft Specialty Green Engine Coolant. Valvoline recently started marketing a P-OAT coolant called Zerex Asian Vehicle Coolant.

Peak Global Lifetime contains no phosphates; it apparently uses a coolant formulation similar to Dex-Cool, substituting a different organic acid for 2-EHA. It is not a P-OAT coolant.

The problem is places like Wallymart want to buy the stuff by the pallet and not have tons of varieties. If the stuff on the shelf says ALL MAKES/ALL MODELS 99% of their customers will accept it and use it. I am sure their store clerks will say its good for all makes all models.

Most people who go there buy Fram oil filters, need I say more?

well there isnt any walmart in sweden so...
Problem is really to get g-05 since am death scared
of dexcool. My lookal parts store has global on the shelf.
My local mercedes dealer has g-05 at a mercedes price!

Originally Posted By: qship1996
It is real good stuff,but somewhat difficult to find.

I find that it's easy enough to find in the 50/50 variety but very difficult to find in the full strength version.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: qship1996
It is real good stuff,but somewhat difficult to find.

I find that it's easy enough to find in the 50/50 variety but very difficult to find in the full strength version.
And therein lies the major issue for PGL. I went by my local NAPA store and Walgreens. NAPA doesn't carry it and Walgreens had one gal. of the premix for $9.99, and no spot for the full strength.

It seems to be a good choice for a universal coolant, but with no full strength it's not practical for me. It's in such short supply it makes me wonder if Peak will continue to make and distribute it. Unlike some, I have little concern about Peak LL or AM's containing 2eh with regular service. But if PGL full strength were easier to find I'd give it a try.

Btw, I did see Zerex G-05 for Ford and Chrysler at NAPA for $10 and change, slightly less than the local Ford dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back