Need some suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so I recently bought an R1 and have yet to change the oil on it, will do so next spring i'll probably just run the yamaha oil in it, but dont' know the cost at this time.

Also my dad wants to switch to a lower priced oil, he is paying 18 bucks a gallon for the Honda GN4 oil.

Is it still a good idea to run Rotella 15w40 in a motorcycle?

thats all i was running in my old FJ1200 with no ill effects.

would it be ok to run rotella in a much newer bike?

thanks guys
wink.gif

Rotella T 15w40 is an excellent motorcycle oil. No sense in spending the money for designer (dealership) oils. A decent HDEO (like Rotella) is much better than what he's getting there anyway.

No problems with clutch slippage - many on here use HDEO in their bikes and have for years. The HDEO certifications are way above and beyond the requirements for the JASO motorcycle certification anyway. Add that factor to the excellent add pack in Rotella and you can't really do much better without going to a much more expensive synthetic. Even then, that Rotella is still hard to beat performance wise - expecially for the price.

Hope this helps.

P.S. - I run HDEO, and have for years now, in everything I own (except 2-strokes).....

Last edited:
There was a post of a VOA of Yamalube and it was no stronger than standard car oil. The use of a name brand HDEO like Rotella or Mobil Delvac will work well in your bike.

Don't get sucked in to buying motorcycle brand name or million dollar a litre boutique oils. Rotella 15W40, Delvac or similar heavy duty oil will be fine for your R1. The money you save on oil can go toward your insurance.

yeah thats all i'm running in my FJ.

i didn't know that the rotella was now Jaso-ma.

most likely will be running that in everything next year.

thanks for your input guys, appreciate it
wink.gif

well the real reason i started this thread was for my dad and brother's honda shadows.

i still haven't decided what to run in my R1 but will most likely end up being rotella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back