What dealer lies should i expect when lease is up

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i am turning in my 2007 buick still under bumper to bumper warantee
car still in good condition and under the maximum allowed mileage
What bull should i expect when returning car at the end of the lease i leased it from gmac

Last edited:
actually they have been pretty truthful i told them the minute i walked in one lie and im gone... I leased two cars that day but this is the first one i am turning in and was curious what to expect tires are a little worn but thats it car is clean i dont like the part that i have to drop it off at the dealer and someone from an independant company (that is what the dealer said) drops by and looks at it within 24 hours... a lot of things can happen in 24 hours my wife says i should videotape the car when turning it in... Guess that is a good idea..Sometimes its good to be married to a Lawyer hehe

the dealer is supposed to do a walkaround when you drop it off. biggest surprise is worn tires. I've only done one lease return ever, pretty painless, but I DID buy a car at the same time, so...

I may buy another Buick i really liked this one.. But i want to see how they treat me first
I might buy new tires these are worn a bit or should i wait and let them tell me or will they clobber me with the price if they put tires on
I took care of this car always garaged and always serviced by the dealer according to oil life monitor..
I wanted no problems so the dealer did all the oil changes.. Imagine i own my own shop what if a customer saw me there getting my car serviced? Guess they would be traders anyway lol

I would have been screwed when I wanted to buy my truck at the end of the lease...there was nearly a 4 grand difference between my quote and when I turned it in. Sadly, the salesguy I dealt with before was gone.....I had a few issues with ath dealership, but most of the time they were good to deal with...

I wouldn't worry....they will be happy that you actually took care of it..most don't.

I've seen some pretty bad turn ins.....

We were pretty easy on people returning leases as long as the car is clean and OK, nothing to worry about.

I would never drop the car unless they sign off on it on the spot. Especially if a 3rd party is doing the evaluation. I dropped an Infiniti Q45 off once at the Penske center at Kmart as they were contracted to do the lease inspection. I photographed all 4 sides of the car before turning it in. The guy immediately writes up a $200 bill for "excessive wear". I threw the keys at the guy and walked out as the car was in excellent shape no dings, no chips and new tires. They sent a demand letter to my office for $280 and I sent back copies of the photos with a letter stating there was no damage. I never heard from them again. Your wife is correct. Photo the car and measure the tire tread depth.

Last edited:
Quote:
tires are boarderline worn..

I wouldn't be surprised if they get you for tires. Nor surprised if the lease agreement had a minimum thread depth listed. My last work van (leased) got dinged for 4 tires, even though I know for a fact that the tires still had a good useable winter season of driving on them. So either it was an easy buck (my step in the process is to hand the keys to my supervisor and from there, who knows, probably turned in by a yes-man afraid of confrontation), or its written into the terms.

Alex.

Yeah i will see if they try to whack me when i turn it in if the stealership wants to play that game im in!
The tires are goodyear and they did not last, they wore out pretty fast i have 23,000 on the odometer and that is a babied 23,000
i was never happy with the tires

How cheaply can you get tires that meet the minimum spec in the owner's manual and the tire sticker on the car? You might buy the cheapest tires you can find and save money that way.

What --exactly-- does your lease paperwork say about the turn-in condition of the car? Keep that in mind and photograph anything that either meets or misses the requirements on the paperwork. Who was the lessor?...GMAC or an independent finance company? You can't blame the stealership if the independent finance company wants to squeeze you. GM now has a minority ownership in GMAC, so expect little help possible from the dealership. "In May 2009, GMAC's ownership structure was amended again when GM and Cerberus significantly reduced their holdings in GMAC, leading to future diversity in the ownership structure of the company."
http://www.gmacfs.com/us/en/about/who/index.html

I had no problems. The sales guy looked at the mileage and that was it. It may have helped that I was buying a car that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back