Sunoco Gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a Sunoco station near my work and on there pump it says 100% gasoline no ethanol added.
just wondering if this stuff is any good.
I have been running shell,chevron, bp and exxon but all of them have 10% ethanol

Try it and find out. Fill up there for 2-3 tanks to run their fuel exclusively so you know how your car does on it.

Years ago Sunoco had the 'custom blending pump' which allowed a person to buy gas from 86 to 94 octane. It was a novel idea.
I've used their gasoline on the NJ Turnpike (they have exclusive rights and all stations are Sunoco). I think they make a decent gasoline. I've used their oils in the past when Shoprite carried it. They had a synblend which sold for $1.79 but was often on sale for $1.39 (I think).

Used Sunoco many times, always held in high regard. No ethanol is a plus in my book. Sunoco has just about the best K1 kerosine on the market. Know people the will travel for miles to get their K1 to put in oil lamps.

Originally Posted By: 94MaxGXE
Used Sunoco many times, always held in high regard. No ethanol is a plus in my book. Sunoco has just about the best K1 kerosine on the market. Know people the will travel for miles to get their K1 to put in oil lamps.

+1

I tend to use them and Mobil......

Try to avoid BPs....their gas tends to be very hit or miss.....

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: 94MaxGXE

+1

I tend to use them and Mobil......

Try to avoid BPs....their gas tends to be very hit or miss.....

No Mobils around here just Exxons not sure ther is a diffrence

Does anybody know anything about Sunoco motor oils? Do they buy from another company or make their own? What additive package?..base oil..?

ExxonMobil sells the rights to Mobil lgasoline to anyone who wants to hang a Mobil sign on the door, and they are free to disense whatever brand gasoline they wish. A shame the first marketed "detergent" gasoline (remember the commercials in the 70's with the washing machine in the 'o' in Mobil)? has been reducedto this.
Bottom line, if you buy Mobil gas-it could be from any supplier the owner buys from

Steve

Originally Posted By: steve20
ExxonMobil sells the rights to Mobil lgasoline to anyone who wants to hang a Mobil sign on the door, and they are free to disense whatever brand gasoline they wish. A shame the first marketed "detergent" gasoline (remember the commercials in the 70's with the washing machine in the 'o' in Mobil)? has been reducedto this.
Bottom line, if you buy Mobil gas-it could be from any supplier the owner buys from

Steve

All the Mobil stations in my area are now Valero so I haven't used Mobil gas in awhile.

Originally Posted By: pbm

All the Mobil stations in my area are now Valero so I haven't used Mobil gas in awhile.

Valero is an excellent refiner, and in fact one of (if not THE) largest refiners by volume of fuel sold in the US. No reason to avoid it at all.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: pbm

Valero is an excellent refiner, and in fact one of (if not THE) largest refiners by volume of fuel sold in the US. No reason to avoid it at all.

I tried that cat-[censored] once,and wont be using it any time soon!

Valero around here seems to be buying up bankrupt/vacant gas stations and setting up shop.

Their prices are at least a dime higher than ANYONE else in the area, and they only have a few pumps. I don't know how they stay in business.

Here, Sunoco says 10% ethanol included on every pump (must be a NY thing). Their gas is no better or no worse than any other gas in the area. Their prices are on the high side, but their pumps are mostly brand new, and stores are brand new, so I get gas there once in a while.

I don't have a performance car, so my car runs good on ANY gas. Even the untaxed Indian reservation gas.

Originally Posted By: steve20

Steve

On LI, every time I see a Mobil station getting a fuel delivery, it's from a Mobil-branded tanker, and the tractor has Mobil's terminal address on the door.

Sunoco gas (and Hess) is just about all I use in my vehicles(30 years) because they're near where I live. Never an issue. There is Mobil, Chevron, Citco and a bunch of other stations too but, Sunoco and Hess usually have the best prices. I've used just about every brand of gasoline over the years especially when on the road/out of town/vacation and I can't say that I have ever had a problem due to the brand of fuel. In the early 70's, I have had cars that were fussy as to which brand they liked best but, not today. My dad had his stories too about brands from the 40's & 50's(earlier even) and what worked best in his particular cars/trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back