Auto RX Skeptic turned Believer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 500 user post is a witch hunt, plain and simple.

Arx does what it claims to do, again and again. There have been many tests, lots of testing, lots of lab work. Safe and slow is good, very good. I can wait. A bit too much is not a problem with arx. Try too much of those other products and you have a problem. Modern engines are way to expensive to take chances on solvent, flushes and viscosity thickeners. Repeated use of these fast action products makes matters worse. It's simple. If you don't like arx, don't use it. Say I don't like it. If you go beyond that come with an example.

By the way. What happened when you used arx?

When I used arx I went through 22 oil filters in 24,000 miles.

It seems that arx does not do a good job of dissolving contaniments, it just breaks them off in pieces.

Neutra is a product that arx claims to be a solvent, if people who use various oil additives and follow the directions there should not be any problems.

If there are tests by an independent lab then I would think members here would be interested in seeing unbiased tests.

Since I stuck with arx for 24,000 miles I feel that I gave the product enough time, I had it in there for 2 years, if you have a very mild cleaner like arx it can only remove so much junk from the engine.

I welcome any member here to go through the oil additive section to check the number of members who have posted about arx.

We have members now that want fast results, they want to see a difference and feel a difference when they use an oil additive.

c3po, i like you but you're going a little off here with the 500 posts but only a few defending you or ARx. think about all the reasons this could be occuring. it doesn't mean 480 out of 500 are disappointed.

i like it, i can also see the humor (or find humor) in the attacks and dissention. it's delivered for me several times and i think it has it's place alongside other oil additives, but with ARx you have to be more careful and not use other additives with it, dino only, etc.

i think you should try MMO next if ARx didn't deliver for you.

Originally Posted By: c3po
When I used arx I went through 22 oil filters in 24,000 miles.
lol that's just mental even for a sludge monster, but i feel your OCD bro

I agree with you here, Its hard to say if all of these members were not happy with arx, some may have gotten rid of there cars and others may have left the board for various reasons.

I did not mean 500 posts, I meant that I counted about 500 members on here who have used arx.

I did end up using MMO and my oil filter issues stopped because MMO was dissolving any crud that was left in my engine.

Quote:
It seemed like arx was doing well or ok between 2002 and mid 2006, starting in 2007 it seemed like there were less people posting about using arx,

It's real simple. Every time someone posts about Auto-Rx there's a massive stampede to fill the thread with garbage. Posters learn their lessons and don't even bother saying anything. Why bother feeding the condition??

What I saw between 2002 through mid 2006 was that there were few arx threads that were negative. If there wer some, there were many members who defended arx.

In late 2006 the negative arx threads really started popping up, and the arx employees really started having to defend arx, it only got worse from 2007 up until the present day. I also noticed in late 2006 that arx users were complaining more in posts that they were not getting the results they had expected.
I also noticed that fewer members were coming to arx's defense.

22 filters in 24,000 miles why? How'd you know the filters were bad? I was exchanging PM's with a buddy that used it and his filters came off exactly the same as any other filter he removed from his truck. In fact he took then off at the halfway point and decided to continue using them not to waste money.

A) 22 filters on the same engine?

B) If not how many engines?

C) If multiple engines who was driving the vehicles to put the required mileage on them as it's impossible for you to have done it?

D) About time you got over your 'problem' and I know more than you think.

Originally Posted By: sprintman

C) If multiple engines who was driving the vehicles to put the required mileage on them as it's impossible for you to have done it?

He was pretty clear, 22 filters in 24,000 miles, same engine. Not impossible, changed filters ~ every 1000 miles., took 2 years for the treatment. That is a long time. He said they were clogged with pieces of junk, maybe it was due diligence, in a heavy mucked up high mile engine. It is obvious he was not happy with the product.

Originally Posted By: sprintman

There have been many people who have said that there oil filters felt like a brick when they changed it, I just thought this was normal since I had a high mileage engine. The problem is not my engine but the product, it does not work very well in engines and I can tell you why.

I bought my Marauder with 10,000 miles and at 15,000 miles I changed my oil and the oil filter was light. I added a 4 ounce Maintenance Dose of arx and ran the oil and new filter 5000 miles. When I changed the oil filter it was hard as a rock just like my oil filters on my El Camino that had over 350,000 miles.

I concluded that the particles arx breaks down are to big to pass through the oil filter so it easily clogs up, I could always tell when my oil filter was clogged up by the way the car ran. I have observed that arx does not dissolve engine contaniments it just breaks it down into tiny chunks.

Tiny chunks? I saw pictures with what looked like chunks in one of these threads. I would imagine they could clog a filter in short order. Good think you kept on top of it, but man that is a lot of filters, must have cost you mucho $$$$$$$$$$.

Cp30, I got it that ARX does work for you. Also, isn't it highly unlikely that any engine with 15k miles on it has very little and most likely no engine sludge in it. It doesn't make sense to me what your experience was. So be it, use something else. My experience with ARX in my engines, tranny's and PS has been excellent.

"Paleomonster: Are you a paid representative for a non-sponsor product?

How many times do you need to be run off before you get the message?"

Please explain.... do you write what you would not otherwise say in person? Is there something else going on here that you would like to talk about? If Arx is not a sponsored product (is it?) then is it off limits here?

If I have been 'run off' please tell me. I thought this was a forum about all things oil.

Is this kind of post the benchmark of bitog?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:
It seemed like arx was doing well or ok between 2002 and mid 2006, starting in 2007 it seemed like there were less people posting about using arx,

It's real simple. Every time someone posts about Auto-Rx there's a massive stampede to fill the thread with garbage. Posters learn their lessons and don't even bother saying anything. Why bother feeding the condition??

I second that observations too, Gary.

If these are the so-called "skeptics" hurdles that one has to get over in order to present a truely remarkable product in this NA motoring crowd then I'd rather opt out.

Afterall: this market is literally filled with heresays, housewifey's tale and uneducated/unsubstantiated claims (to the point of oftentimes being unscientific, makes you wonder how the education systems here in NA fares) and thus the stampede.

I would rather keep all the good information to myself and share them with my worthy friends and allies than a bunch of trolls that would come back to grill me.

nuf said about most casual-posting BITOGers.

Q.

Last edited:
LC20 levels the TBN, reduces oxidation, provides an extra measure of lubricity, provides extra rust control, and will literally melt (soften and emulsify) carbonaceous deposits. It then places these carbonaceous deposits into the oil solution.

If we look at LC20 we can see that the product softens and emulsifies the deposits and then places it in the oil solution so your oil filter does not get loaded up with stuff as opposed to arx which breaks off deposits that can clog your oil filter. If your oil filter goes into bypass you have junk floating around your engine.

I have seen plenty of arx filter posts where people claim they have grit in there oil filters, there is no doubt arx works to a point, but I would rather use a product like LC20 that is not going to have me buying extra oil filters.

Is there a problem with arx in transmissions, the answer is NO, becuase a screened trans filter traps down to 100 microns and a felt trans filter traps down to 60 microns.

Is there a problem with arx in powersteering systems and differentials, NO, that's because they do not have any type of oil filter.

In an engine we use oil filters that may have a micron rating of 19 microns or less, these particles that arx breaks off are much bigger and they just get trapped in the oil filter reducing oil flow and eventually going into bypass.

Then there is price, if you buy a gallon of LC20 with shipping it comes out to .38 cents an ounce.

If you were to buy 3 bottles of arx that comes out to $1.83 an ounce, by 10 bottles of arx and you are still looking at almost $1.33 an ounce.

I have not used LC20 but I did gather some information and I may eventually use the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back