Parking Problems! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today after an hour's ride I stopped at an area Publix. I pull up to the bike rack, and it's full! That's never happened to me before. It's a good sign that more folks are using their bikes for errands and not merely toys.

This is one parking problem I'll gladly put up with!

Temperatures have been in the mid-70's lately. Today it's 55 and cloudy. This week is supposed to be mid-60's during the day, mid-40's at night. Perfect riding weather.

Soon we'll have to start talking about what kind of bike chain oil we're using!!!
48.gif

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
it's not too cold yet? well, exercise is an extra benefit too.

There's a "too cold"?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: rpn453
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
it's not too cold yet? well, exercise is an extra benefit too.

There's a "too cold"?
grin2.gif

Not in South Carolina I hope!
grin2.gif
In Saskatchewan, maybe...
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: sciphi
It's a good sign that more folks are using their bikes for errands and not merely toys.

Or the court took their driving privileges away.

Courts can and do take driving privileges away on a whim. Even to solid middle-class citizens who were not driving drunk, incarcerated, or arrested for wrongdoing.

Also, these bikes were not blue-light specials. There were a few Treks and a Cannondale hybrid.

My fiancée and I went riding in Seattle on Saturday night. We had the same problem all over the city! It was great to see everyone in the city going by bike. If I didn't think I'd be ban from this forum, I might even make some smart a$$ remark about secretly hoping for higher gas prices (oops, did I say that out loud)
33.gif

Last edited:
Yes they do!

Or if they're respectable-looking, have a clean moped, and are buzzing around downtown wearing a helmet and a backpack, they're USC students tired of horrible car parking.

The bike situation on USC's campus is not much better at times. I'm glad I have an indoor area where I can keep an eye on my bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back