VW in Nascar???

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOMESTEAD, Florida (AP)—The head of Volkswagen’s motor sports program is at Homestead-Miami Speedway, fueling speculation the automaker is interested in joining Toyota as the second foreign manufacturer in NASCAR.

VW diesel in NASCAR would be a huge accomplishment! And excellent press for diesel cars.

Although NASCAR would have to rewrite the rule book to allow a diesel engine. As the engine rules are currently written, it seems as if only a gas engine can meet them.

Originally Posted By: Jason2007
could those sludgers run for 500 miles? lol

lol.gif

Will VW offer a new Nascar oil spec? VW 50004.33030303/.33030303/3303030330.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
HOMESTEAD, Florida (AP)—The head of Volkswagen’s motor sports program is at Homestead-Miami Speedway, fueling speculation the automaker is interested in joining Toyota as the second foreign manufacturer in NASCAR.

Now I know why I no longer watch NASCAR.
Why don't they just bring out the old love bug and have Lindsay Lohan drive it? Geesh....

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Now I know why I no longer watch NASCAR.
Why don't they just bring out the old love bug and have Lindsay Lohan drive it? Geesh....

Are you suggesting that you don't think VW can make an engine worthy of NASCAR? You do know they're supposedly also working on an F1 engine program, right?

robert

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Talk about taking a step backwards, a V-8 pushrod engine.

Johnny, why would you say that? Even though I own one and I like it OK, I think Overhead cam engines are quite over-rated. I'll take low RPM grunt in a simple, less expensive compact low center of gravity package any day, and no worry about timing bels, and ruining an engine if the [censored] thing lets go, and in most cases, no reccomended valve adjustments. If Ferarri had invented the GM LS series V8, people would be making pilgramages to Maranello to bow down and pray to it.

I'm surprised this thread is still alive.

You people realize the premise of this thread was not true, don't you? The media "report" was wrong, VW is not interested in NASCAR. VW was in Florida to talk to ISC about a possible entry or support of the Grand Am Road Racing Series. There was no connection to NASCAR whatsoever.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1

Well, if the rumor was indeed true, VW, well Audi/Lamborghini, has some bad mofo V8 engines that could tear up an oval track. I'd like to see VW/Audi in Nascar.....a big ol burly euro sedan tradin' paint with Fords and Chevys. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back