CRC Freeze-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rear brake pads on 04 RAV4 needed replacement. After 5 years of New York winters the pins that hold the pads in were rusted/welded to the caliper, see diagram http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1152189 used PB Blaster and one side was soaked for 24 hours. Couldn't get the bottom pin out on both sides. Used the CRC Freeze-Off sprayed for 45 seconds each and the pins came out. The product freezes and contracts the offending part to break the seal.

Last edited:
moe in wichita ks to keep this from happening again use anti-sieze compound on ALL bolts, pins, brake fittings,ext blots/clamps,all stainless steel nuts/bolts, ANY THING that moves on the bottom of the car/truck. also do NOT use cad plated bolts on ext systems.

I love the Freeze-Off, I do not even use the "freeze" action. The fluid itself is amazing at penetration and rust removal. Hands down the closest thing I have ever found to Kroil. They even smell the same. Like Pine-Sol.

how flammable is this stuff? I tried it recently and like it better than B'laster, however on super stuck parts I like to heat the part up with a torch and spray it with blaster. Im tempted to try it with CRC but it says "extremely flammable" all over the place.
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: gofastman
how flammable is this stuff? I tried it recently and like it better than B'laster, however on super stuck parts I like to heat the part up with a torch and spray it with blaster. Im tempted to try it with CRC but it says "extremely flammable" all over the place.
shocked2.gif

Well I did an experiment
On a scale of 1-10 its a solid 10!

CRC Freeze-Off is worth every cent! It's saved my backside quite a few times, otherwise I would have spent hours trying to remove broken bolts.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: gofastman
shocked2.gif

If you track down a MSDS, it should have a flashpoint. Compare them.

We use Wurth Rost Off Ice - same but better.Stuff that won't shift with anything else come free with a squirt of Ice.

Originally Posted By: ronbo
The product freezes and contracts the offending part to break the seal.

I had not seen this stuff until now.
A lot of older Fords have the distributor that likes to seize in the block. Used to be the best thing to loosen them up was lots of penetrating oil and then shoot the distributor shaft with a good shot of freon to shrink it.
This might be an interesting product to try.

Can anybody give me a ballpark price on this stuff before I go looking for it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back