buckshot tires true buckshots (gateway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody heard of this place in NJ called "OK Auto, 4wd,and tire" ??

they have it that they carry the original true buckshot tire. But I thought you couldn't really find these tires anymore.

So does anyone know? I would love to put these tires back on my old willys... as right now i have the radial buckshots but I want the bias ply buckshots.

OK4WD is pretty well known. Not too many people around here run Buckshots. I think I've only seen a couple sets in many years of Jeepn'.

Have you considered getting some NDT's? They look awesome on an old Jeep. Also, I noticed you run a Dana44 rear. What year Jeep did you swap that from. Just curious.

Talk soon.

yup they have them. Im considering getting a set of the p78-16's for my 1977 chevrolet truck k20 im restoring. They are definately old school good looking mud tire that resembles somthing out of the 70's... The only thing i would be concerned with is that since they are not made anymore we would be buying a 15 yr old tire thats been sitting around in a warehouse getting dry rotted..

Originally Posted By: Indiana79
The only thing i would be concerned with is that since they are not made anymore we would be buying a 15 yr old tire thats been sitting around in a warehouse getting dry rotted..

They're not 15 years old. IIRC, Gateway still makes the bias. Maxxis was sold the rights to make the radial version.

well hopefully they still do. Thats the look I want for my truck because it came from the factory with uniroyal deep lug mud and snow bias ply in 7.50-16. They were a real agressive tire and the buck shots def. resemble them. It seems ok auto is the only place that still has the original buckshots.

I think til I get everything done the way I want on my 2a that I am just going to run some good ole coop grip spurs. They are nylon soft tire on hot pavement. But kick [censored] in the mud and especially the soft goo we have down here in the south.

I got the d44 from a guy in TX that told me the axle came off his 3a... SO that would mean a '48-51...

So then after the grip spurs wear out or when i get the jeep's engine rebuilt and such I will have some money saved up for some 32" bias TSL swampers.

The buckshots I would love to get but they are 181 bucks for a 32" or 33" tire from OKauto... YUCK!

found out this afternoon that the local co-op sold their last set of the 7.00x15 coop grip spurs. And they said that they don't make the mudders anymore due to people running radial tires!?!?!

Dooo what?!?!?!?!

There are still farmers that run great mud tires and BIAS plies still on their trucks if they are true to a good tire.

that sucks.

I guess after all I will be getting 32x9.50s TSL bias' for my old jeep. $153/tire

found some 29 x 8.50r 15 super swamper TSLs bias...

thats what is going on the old willys jeep as i found them better priced from a guy off craigslist than waiting to get 32s or 34s

smile.gif

i am a happier fella now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back