I'm putting the Redline 0w30 in today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JohnBrowning
Well I too do not like being censored to the point that things that are ok to discus in Kindergarten class's up through College are not allowed on this site. It is more strict then the FCC which is really bad. The thing is that while this site is free for us to use it is a privately owned site. So just like being in another mans house or in this case Womans house if you do not like the rules then it is time to leave.

I get in trouble from time to time because their is no hard set of rules one can look at and know what is going to be allowed and what is not! It really is one of things that changes as often as the weather changes. One really cannot look at what is socially acceptable as norms and apply it to this site. In the short time I have been back I have gotten politely slapped on the hands about twice maybe three times and in each case I had no idea at all that I had crossed any line. Ont he other hand I have been on the Internet since about 1995 and the only website I have gotten in trouble on is this one and only in the last couple of months really. SO it is not like I am some potty mouth vulgar person going around inciting riots and spewing hate and vulgar words left and right!

In fact I do not go around looking to push the limits or anything like that! I am 36 year old and the father of three and going back to school to get a degree in the medical field. I go to church and fly an American flag and all that stuff!!! So I am not some radical. For someone younger then me or someone that is used to a lot more freedom with regard to speech and idea's this site would probably drive them nuts!

I do not mind getting in trouble as long as I do not get banned since it is almost impossible for me to predict what is with in the rules and what is outside of them short of using words known to be vulgar or so called swear words.

I know I do not have a problem with rules I just wish they where more clearly defined so I did not easily break them!

+1

Well said.

You guys haven't been on any forums owned by Auto forums have you? They are the biggest joke and if you disagree with the Admin or mods then you will be banned. To be honest I was banned from here before but just signed up again. I agree there needs to be a thread that is stick and locked as to what is allowed. Forum need to realize their could be other sponsors lurking that they may not be aware of seeing how things are ran. Us as members need to look at it in the same mannor. It is up to us to uphold a high status which I feel this forum does. I rarely see any mods online and when I was banned I didn't get a PM telling me a reason or a slap on the hand. The members and knowledge make this forum, Johnny, doug, and a few other have a great amount of knowledge. I do hope to see stevie return after a short break, and as one of only a few that are 100.00 supporter. He should be asked to comeback IMO.

Well I too do not like being censored to the point that things that are ok to discus in Kindergarten class's up through College are not allowed on this site. It is more strict then the FCC which is really bad. The thing is that while this site is free for us to use it is a privately owned site. So just like being in another mans house or in this case Womans house if you do not like the rules then it is time to leave.

I get in trouble from time to time because their is no hard set of rules one can look at and know what is going to be allowed and what is not! It really is one of things that changes as often as the weather changes. One really cannot look at what is socially acceptable as norms and apply it to this site. In the short time I have been back I have gotten politely slapped on the hands about twice maybe three times and in each case I had no idea at all that I had crossed any line. Ont he other hand I have been on the Internet since about 1995 and the only website I have gotten in trouble on is this one and only in the last couple of months really. SO it is not like I am some potty mouth vulgar person going around inciting riots and spewing hate and vulgar words left and right!

In fact I do not go around looking to push the limits or anything like that! I am 36 year old and the father of three and going back to school to get a degree in the medical field. I go to church and fly an American flag and all that stuff!!! So I am not some radical. For someone younger then me or someone that is used to a lot more freedom with regard to speech and idea's this site would probably drive them nuts!

I do not mind getting in trouble as long as I do not get banned since it is almost impossible for me to predict what is with in the rules and what is outside of them short of using words known to be vulgar or so called swear words.

I know I do not have a problem with rules I just wish they where more clearly defined so I did not easily break them!

Agreed. I was given a 24 hour time out last week for using @%&#$&#@& characters to SELF CENSOR myself. If I would have typed the actual word, then [censored] would have appeared in the post. What is the difference???

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D

Agreed. I was given a 24 hour time out last week for using @%&#$&#@& characters to SELF CENSOR myself. If I would have typed the actual word, then [censored] would have appeared in the post. What is the difference???

Are you serious?

Originally Posted By: hpichris

Are you serious?

Dead serious. A 24 hour time out for "bypassing the censor". (Even though I censored myself)

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D

Are you serious?

Dead serious. A 24 hour time out for "bypassing the censor". (Even though I censored myself)

That's messed up.

Originally Posted By: hr1940
StevieC was not ask to leave and he is not banned. He made the decision to leave and spend time elsewhere.

Helen
Are you guys READING what is posted?

He was NOT banned. He left on his own.

Why all the talk about being banned in a Redline OIL thread?

We're not talking about bans. We're talking about time outs now. :)
In a thread about Redline 0w-30 oil...
54.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
We're not talking about bans. We're talking about time outs now. :)
In a thread about Redline 0w-30 oil...
54.gif

I guess, cause Steve won't reply to this thread. We're drumming up some activity to entice him back? Sounds like a terrible plan. I know.

I wish he would rehink this decision. It a forum for crysake, it's not like we all get together and hangout ( Wish we did ). This discussion shows he will be missed.

Steve if your reading this PM me your results when you get them. I have followed this for 300 and whatever post.

Steve is still available via e-mail for those interested in contacting him. His plans have not changed in terms of what he is doing with the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back