How does my grease stack up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New here and was wondering if anyone has any experience with Paragon 3000? I've only been using it for about a year and don't have any strong feelings for it yet, but the MSDS on it looks good. I went back 12 pages or so and saw no mention of it, so I was wondering if anyone here uses it?

Last edited:
You are using a Texas Refinery Corporation product that is excellent. With a 630f dropping point and a 100 lb timken in nlgi-2 with excellent water resistance it is a high end grease used for high temperature and highly loaded operation. I have seen it used in special areas were other grease has failed. It really works well on hammers in quarry's.

Last edited:
That good grease... Funny i still have a case or two of old allis charmers grease from my father from the early seventies and i to this day use it on all my own cars and trucks and never ever had a front end problem! He used that grease on all the heavy equipment bulldozers and cranes and dump trucks i also use it on my allis charmers snow blower which runs great on 30w pennzoil and that grease...
My father got that snowblower new in 1966 and it was used on a large house with a long sidewalk and on my current house which is pretty large also

There are five small oil companies in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that make excellent greases and oils.

Dallas: Hydrotex and Primrose

Ft. Worth: Texas Refinery, Lubrication Engineers, and Southwest Petroleum (SWEPCO)

Add Royal to that list which is a spin off of TRC. They are the same products with different product names and different color packaging.

Originally Posted By: carroll7645
New here and was wondering if anyone has any experience with Paragon 3000? I've only been using it for about a year and don't have any strong feelings for it yet, but the MSDS on it looks good. I went back 12 pages or so and saw no mention of it, so I was wondering if anyone here uses it?

Paragon 3000 is my favorite grease for demanding applications.

What type of equipment are you using it on?

Hi Rob

I farm mostly with a small amount ot trucking. I've used 880 Crown and Chassis for 25 years but my rototiller has some bearings that turn in excess of 6000 rpm and it was boiling the grease. The Paragon has a higher drop point which made the grease last longer even though they don't recommend this grease at that rpm. I grease this piece of equipment every two hours and in the heat of the day this is quite a test for any grease. Another application that the 880 needed improvement was in our grass swathers that get washed daily as part of the sanitation process. Water that gets forced into the reel bearings would turn the grease pink and would take quite alot of new grease to purge the brg clean. I'm not the only one that services the equipment so I'm trying to avoid having multiple greases. Don't get me wrong, I feel the 880 C+C is an outstanding grease, very easy to read with it's color, I felt I needed a little more in these two applications. I've only been using the Paragon for a little over a year so I'm still on the learning curve.
Whats your application?

We first tried the Paragon 3000 in the kernel processor and cutter-head bearings on a John Deere self propelled chopper. These bearings have it rough, they see a lot of vibration and the water & corn juice (acidic) would wash the grease right out of the bearings. Since we switched greases none of the bearings have been replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back