Clip on or stick on wheel weights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hethaerto
I want to try these balancing beads:

Balancing Beads

I can't wait to hear Bitogers call them a scam. :D

I don't know that I have this particular brand, but I still have these in my pickup that I daily drove with 37" tires for several years.
55.gif

Originally Posted By: benjamming
Craig,

But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Most all tires balanced this way are just fine.

Back to what I said previously:

Quote:
Some applications are more sensitive to factors like road force. Some people in some vehicles would never know the difference. To others, it's essential.

I do notice and, if I had no other choice, would be willing pay extra for the second weight per wheel to do it "properly" (even though I think that is rediculous).

Last edited:
Stick on weight have to be put on properly. A new clean surface with a premium weight is best. But any old wheels need to be cleaned down to the finish - no corrosion at all. If there is, a cleaning and paint/coating should be put on first and let dry.
Because of inevitable release/sticking problems with stick on types, I prefer clamp on ones.
But some fancy wheels are too expensive to take a chance with gouging with a clamp on type -also they don't look great. Owners prefer stick on ones that are hidden.

I balance my own personal tires with clamp ons..........

I don't have access to a hunter road force balancer....... be nice to be able to use one of those(I love doing tire work and pride myself in my balancing) every now and then i run into problems with our balancer, especially when doing a "stick on weight" balance of various means.... really gets to me when there is a problem and there is only so much I can do with a particular machine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back