Mobile1 0w-40 European Blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was at wally world tonight and walked down the oil aisle as I always do and came across something new: M1 0w-40 European Blend. I never noticed "European Blend" on the M1 0w-40 bottle before. Do I just need to pay better attention, or is this a new oil from Mobile?

Yeah, that's normal. Maybe the label got tweaked to make that part more noticeable since you last saw it.

Mmmm M1 0w40
20.gif

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Mobile 1 from Alabama?

I think they mean Mobile in that it gets around
lol.gif

If you are paying that close of attention to the label, you would notice there is no "E" in Mobil.

They changed the name a while back - that is the oil I try to use in my Jetta, either that or Castrol Syntec 5w-40. Those are the only two oils I have seen that meet the VW spec. I only look at Wally World or Advance Auto, maybe there are others. I love it, ever since I switched my oil consumption dropped off to normal levels. Before on any type of 5w-30 I was using ~1 qt/1000 miles!!!! On the VW-spec oils, I use maybe 0.5 qt per OCI which for me is usually ~7.5K.

Originally Posted By: heeltoe
Do I just need to pay better attention, or is this a new oil from Mobile?

Mobil1 0w-40 has been around for close to 10 years now. Now, about Mobile... that's a new one I think. Never seen it.

Originally Posted By: heeltoe
So, I was at wally world tonight and walked down the oil aisle as I always do and came across something new: M1 0w-40 European Blend. I never noticed "European Blend" on the M1 0w-40 bottle before. Do I just need to pay better attention, or is this a new oil from Mobile?

Rule #1 at BITOG: Don't ever call it Mobile. It's Mobil.

Hi,
QP - There is only one M1 0W-40 on the Porsche and Audi-VW Lists. These are another five versions of M1 0W-40 on these Lists with additional words in their titles such s "Artic" and etc

It shows the complexity of Marketing requirements..........

Originally Posted By: Hermann
If you are paying that close of attention to the label, you would notice there is no "E" in Mobil.

That is an excellent point.
23.gif

Originally Posted By: hpichris
Rule #1 at BITOG: Don't ever call it Mobile. It's Mobil.

Oops. Give me my punishment so we can just get this over with. *Puts on flame suit*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back