How do you think Mobil 1 V-Twin will do?. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superb UOA! Exactly as expected. The 106.6 is also close to being right in line with this oil's intended purpose. Air cooled V-Twins with less than ideal cylinder sealing.

I used this oil with fantastic results in my turbo Mazda Miata race car (which was very, very hard on oil).

Originally Posted By: sunruh
so wait a minute.

your susvis is really a 60wt? 106.606 is 60wt

I've noticed this tendency on M1 Vtwin and Amsoil MCS from "the stoners" as well as other labs. Both of those oils start at or around 21 cSt @ 100C and often measure higher after use. Why does the "thickening" occur? Dunno...

Some other observations:

The words "Super Syn" have never "graced" a bottle of Vtwin. No mention of Super Syn on the web site pertaining to Vtwin either. Unlike some others in the M1 line I beleive it to be a true Grp IV oil like the Amsoil MCS. They behave very similar.

As noted in a prior post, starting viscosity for Vtwin used to be 21 cSt @ 100 C. Now it is listed as 17 and change on their web site. No idea why the change all of a sudden. I will be watching future UAOs to see what the used viscosity is. Just curious I guess.

Pretty potent stuff, for those who like lots of ZDDP!!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back