Where to buy a cheap filter cutter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tomcat27
ebay. tho still not cheap. hacksaw! sawzall! I believe the ones from summitt are 75

There is one that is 75 but there is another which is around 38 and it works great.

I got the Summit cutter last Christmas. It works ok but on < 3in. diameter(my apps) filters it's not ideal.

I was considering the Harbor Freight exhaust pipe cutter, but it seems to have been discontinued from their online catalog. It may still be in the stores for ~$20.

It's pictured on this thread at the bottom of the page.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
I got the Summit cutter last Christmas. It works ok but on < 3in. diameter(my apps) filters it's not ideal.

I was considering the Harbor Freight exhaust pipe cutter, but it seems to have been discontinued from their online catalog. It may still be in the stores for ~$20.

It's pictured on this thread at the bottom of the page.

Sayjac, if you have a Harbor Freight outlet in your area try the store. I bought the pipecutter just recently and they had about five on the shelf. Only used it once and it was just ok. Maybe some technique involved that I have not mastered. But I got tired of breaking dremmel cut off wheels (kind of scary when it happens) and the dremmel tends to spray the residual oil inside all over in a fine mist. I thought the pipe cutter would make this a quick easy job but apparently I need practice. The MC 820 I was cutting is large diameter for this tool and probably did not help matters. Still worked though.

Yeah, thanks. I was thinking of checking at my local store. I would think the Summit would work better for the FL-820S as it's > 3 in dia. which would hit both guide wheels on it. The smaller ones don't.

IIRC, the HF cutter maxes out at ~ 3&1/4 in. so the 820 would be at the limit.

Anyway, I got a bunch of HF 20% off coopins to use.

I did pick up one of these at HF to cut come exhaust pipe and found that it works better then my true filter cutter on most filter. I avoid sawing at all costs since I am cutting open to look for debris.

40100_EXTC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back