Finally trying SSO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after debating for awhile, I finally made a decision. After running GC for years (if it ain't broke...) I will put in the SSO in 800 miles.

This is what the UPS guy delivered today!

P1000527.jpg

I just might become an Amsoil addict!

It's a hard problem to curb... I might have fixed it with my new Red Line addiction... But have to wait to see my UOA's after a couple runs.

Amsoil is addictive stuff, especially SSO and in the winter.
20.gif

I'm already addicted, have already switched three out of four cars to amsoil. Even have some friends buying some through me now.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
It's a hard problem to curb... I might have fixed it with my new Red Line addiction... But have to wait to see my UOA's after a couple runs.

Amsoil is addictive stuff, especially SSO and in the winter.
20.gif

That is what I am hoping for, good cold weather performance. Amsoil is addictive, I got started by trying their 10w-40 motorcycle oil, and of course it worked just as good (if not better) than the much more expensive Repsol 4T racing 10w-40.

I am afraid to try Redline, not because it is bad, but I only have so many vehicles to run oils in!

You know your addiction is bad when you have so much oil it won't fit in one picture for you to post on BITOG. Most of this in my collection is Amsoil.
grin2.gif

I run SSO in the winter in my SUV because every other oil, including Mobil-1 caused valve lifter ticking until the oil warmed up enough so I switch oils until I came across SSO which solved the problem.
thumbsup2.gif

wolfc70, what is the year/make/model vehicle's you are putting this oil in? i just put the sso, universal atf, and 75w-90 gear oil in the engine, transmission, rear end on my '97 ranger.

This was my other choice.when I was switching from Amsoil ASL this winter,the SSO
thumbsup2.gif

For now,I'm running redline 0w30 and depending on how it works for me through the winter,I might stick with it. If for some reason I dont like it,I'll try the SSO next.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
wolfc70, what is the year/make/model vehicle's you are putting this oil in? i just put the sso, universal atf, and 75w-90 gear oil in the engine, transmission, rear end on my '97 ranger.

It is in a 2003 Saturn L300, with the Vauxhaull/Opel/Saab/Cadillac v6. The car usually does not burn oil. The only time it did when I switched to GC. It went through a quart in the first 600 miles, then stopped and has not use any since. Sticking ring? That was back around 38k miles, now I have 70k on it and I check it regularly, and have never had to top off since, even with 7500 miles on the oil.

I am hoping the SSO works as good as the GC!

Originally Posted By: DragRace
This was my other choice.when I was switching from Amsoil ASL this winter,the SSO
thumbsup2.gif

For now,I'm running redline 0w30 and depending on how it works for me through the winter,I might stick with it. If for some reason I dont like it,I'll try the SSO next.
You sound like me. Scary!
27.gif
lol.gif

Well, I finally put the SSO in the Saturn L300. Time will tell how this works, I am hoping it is as good as the other Amsoil products I have used in the past(MCF, ACD). I really liked the GC in this car, but it was just time for a change.
20.gif

Planning to put SSO in my stratus next month, and might get XL5w30 for my explorer, but its not driven much anymore, I just want the extra protection and to help clean it.

Already running MTF synchromesh in my Stratus and their PSF with my rebuilt power steering pump for the Stratus. No issues with it.

Probably going to try the Severe Gear in the explorer with Motorcraft Limited Slip Addictive as well, compare it to the Royal Purple (3.73 LS 8.8).

Just can't wait to get to 5,000 to swap out my MaxLife, and to try the SSO in here. Many people in here have an addiction and speak highly about it, so I wanna be the next one to say good things about it.

I am sorry.....! Maybe next time he will drop off some S3K 5W30!LOL That 12TBN 10W30 looks like some good stuff though!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Man, is the ACD oil ever dark when new!

Most of the good ones are...
wink.gif

I've got 5 qts of it sitting in the basement, I was going to use it in the Aerostar for the winter, for a 1 year OCI, but I
changed my mind. I'm now thinking of using it in the E-150 but need another quart. I'm not ready to place an order and won't pay the PC fee and shipping to grab 1 more qt.
frown.gif
I guess I'll use the PP again in the E-150, and hold onto the SSO for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back