Schaeffers VS Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone provide any analysis records vs the two? I drive a 04 duramax that has alot of performance modifications and all those guys use amsoil and I find amsoil overpriced and just popular. We use schaeffers in all our equipment. Engine oil, grease, hydro oil, atf, differential etc all schaeffers and have had tremendous results with it but I would like to see some comparison. Thanks BTW What do you guys run for oil in your heavy equipment and diesel pickups.

You just have to search the UOA section, find the ones you want and do your own comparison.

Both companies make very good stuff, if you dislike one for whatever reason then use the other one.

A lot of guys run the Mobil 1 TDT 5W-40 oil in their rigs, I think it's about $6 a quart, not sure how that compares to the 2 you mentioned.

sounds like you have already made up your mind.

go ahead and use schaeffers or whatever you like.
21.gif

Follmer: Do U have plans on installing a single or dual oil by-pass system, once you change over to either oils?
What your intended OCI?

I just ask, for the reasons being--->Dmaxs are easy on oil, and synthetics are not cheap. So why waste money by dumping out good oil, after 5k or 7K miles. I guess if you have a 6 digit income, it's really no big deal. I have seen and read about many Dmax owners with Amsoils dual by-pass systems and Oilguards great filtering system, going 15k to 30k miles between OCI--->using a UOA every 7K miles.

Amsoil or Schaeffers will serve your Dmax well for K's of miles.

Originally Posted By: Follmer
Can anyone provide any analysis records vs the two? I drive a 04 duramax that has alot of performance modifications and all those guys use amsoil and I find amsoil overpriced and just popular. We use schaeffers in all our equipment. Engine oil, grease, hydro oil, atf, differential etc all schaeffers and have had tremendous results with it but I would like to see some comparison. Thanks BTW What do you guys run for oil in your heavy equipment and diesel pickups.

They are both fine oils, but I do find your comment about "a lot of performance modifications" and "I find Amsoil overpriced" as being rather odd. You will spend a small fortune on performance mods but not on oil to protect it.
21.gif

welcome2.gif
to BITOG

Most people don't online know the difference between a clearance and the tolerance so I would say Schaeffers is a really well formulated oil. Amsoil is a fine oil though. I use Chevron or Mobil 1300 in my wifes Superduty and in my 4310 John Deere utility tractor because the equipment is not run hard and I don't do extended oil change intervals due to the limited miles/hours put on them per year.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Originally Posted By: Follmer

They are both fine oils, but I do find your comment about "a lot of performance modifications" and "I find Amsoil overpriced" as being rather odd. You will spend a small fortune on performance mods but not on oil to protect it.
21.gif

welcome2.gif
to BITOG

Whats odd? I use schaeffers oil and do a OCA every change then they recommend either increasing drain interval or keeping the same mileage on change. But the reason I ask about the two is because everyone on duramaxforum recommends amsoil and I wanna compare the two.

I guess the only way to do that with your modifications would be to try the Amsoil and have it tested. The Schaeffer's is a fine oil and my advise has always been, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. What Schaeffer's product are you using? The 7000 series 15W-40?

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I guess the only way to do that with your modifications would be to try the Amsoil and have it tested. The Schaeffer's is a fine oil and my advise has always been, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. What Schaeffer's product are you using? The 7000 series 15W-40?

yes. i just bought the pickup and it had amsoil in it. all my vehicles and equipment use schaeffers. but other guys say buy amsoil so i wanted to see the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back