Oil recommendation: 2002 Audi A4 Quattro 3.0L V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The very best right now will meet the VW 504/507 specs. Call the Chrysler dealer and see if they stock or can order Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5w-30, part number 68001334AA. Or you can order it here - http://avlube.com/mo1espfo5wvw.html. It's a little more than regular M1, but it is a long life oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: glxpassat
Call the Chrysler dealer and see if they stock or can order Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5w-30, part number 68001334AA.

I called and Chrysler is no longer supplying M1 for the Sprinter, which is made by MB, and have switched to Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30, which does not meet the A3 specs that the M1 did.

Use any oil that meets A3 or VW502 in a 5w40, 5w30, 0w30, or 0w40. Pick a oil that meets these specs while being in your budget and is readily available close to home. GLX is right in saying 504/507 is the current standard, but 502.00 is perfectly fine for your 30v as they are easy on oils. Also stick with a quality German designed oil filter, these engines run a high amount of oil pressure.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
PepBoys carries M1 5w-30 ESP, but you're probably some good 80 miles away from the nearest one.

There are Pep Boys in Mobile, Pensacola, Panama City, and Atlanta. But if our member from Alabama is traveling to one of those cities anyway, it would be worth picking up some of the M1 ESP oil while he's there.

Wow - you guys are seriously helpful. First forum I've been on that people go out of their way to provide sound advice. Thank you!

Originally Posted By: pcfxer
Why not continue with Amsoil? Amsoil seems to recommend 5W-40 AFL.

I went with Amsoil when having my oil pan replaced. The shop used it and I had always wanted to give it a try. No complaints here - though I really haven't ever had a complaint regarding oil. I'm sure I will after hanging out here enough!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
PepBoys carries M1 5w-30 ESP, but you're probably some good 80 miles away from the nearest one.

Thanks for looking into that. Yeah, I was looking for a PepBoys after moving here.. no luck.

Originally Posted By: ourfamo4
Use any oil that meets A3 or VW502 in a 5w40, 5w30, 0w30, or 0w40. Pick a oil that meets these specs while being in your budget and is readily available close to home. GLX is right in saying 504/507 is the current standard, but 502.00 is perfectly fine for your 30v as they are easy on oils. Also stick with a quality German designed oil filter, these engines run a high amount of oil pressure.

Thanks for the good advice and background info.

Originally Posted By: Tornado Red

There are Pep Boys in Mobile, Pensacola, Panama City, and Atlanta. But if our member from Alabama is traveling to one of those cities anyway, it would be worth picking up some of the M1 ESP oil while he's there.

Good call! I'll keep that in mind next time we're out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back