New Rotella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely some strong marketing. It changed my mind on what I was going to buy. Not T6, but the Triple Protection.

Shell Rotella T Triple Protection
"22-percent reduction in engine wear"

Wow!

T6
"protection for the latest low emissions technology for after treatment systems and helps promote energy savings and maintenance savings".

Doesn't sound too exciting.

Rotella T5 Synthetic Blend
"fuel economy performance and improved low-temperature flow"

Not too exciting for me.

Rotella T3
"low-ash additive technology, outstanding shear stability"

I like shear stability. Not sure about low-ash additive.

My conclusion
For my 2000 diesel pickup, I think Rotella T Triple Protection with the 22% reduction in engine wear tops my list.

Did someone else come to a different conclusion?
Isn't the Triple Protection a non-synthetic oil?
And why would anyone be extremely excited about T6?

Jake

The Rotella T with Triple Protection is their 15w-40 dino stuff right? Has anyone seen the new "laddered" Rotella on shelves? If so, how much has the price gone up if any?

Have been looking, but havent seen at truckstops, wal marts or auto parts stores. Does anyone know when the rollout date was supposed to be?

Maybe the current RTS will be on sale as they try to move it out
20.gif

My Walmart has the new Rotella Triple Protection 15W40 in 2.5 gallon jugs...same UPC as the old bottle that was next to it. I wouldn't expect clearance on the 15W40 stuff if that is the case. I haven't seen the other stuff yet.

Originally Posted By: hpichris
Yeah you guys up there are getting em first....gr...

Odd, because its probably just as cold where you are as it gets here...

I was reading about the new T6 on Shell's website. I believe they said it's actually a GRP-4 base - where the old formula was a GRP-3 and was being called a Syn. in the US. Either way it was a Dang good oil! If they discount it, i'll buy a few cases just for the heck of it.

This new stuff might just be the REAL deal. Can't wait to try it in my Honda Metropolitan.
20.gif

I find it "convenient" that Shell compares T6 to the CI-4+ flavor of RTS and not the CJ-4 flavor. I'm betting T6 would not look as improved if compared to their own CJ-4 RTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back