NEW Rotella

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Adaptive technology consists of molecules that when under load and temperature stresses form a protective layer on engine surfaces to help keep moving parts separated and, thus, reduce wear"

The last paragraph is the one I was dreading.

The company also recently announced that all Rimula, Pennzoil Long Life, and Quaker State HDX products have been renamed and will be enfolded into the Rotella Energized Protection portfolio in the first quarter of 2010. Other Energized Protection heavy-duty engine oils include Rotella T1 and Rotella T3.

adaptive force field generating molecules now with improved fresh breeze scent.

Awesome find, Buster!!!

That 'T5' 10W-30 syn-blend sounds like an awesome oil for people who want a stouter oil for a regular car, basically an improvement on Rotella 10W-30.

I just hope the 10W-30 grade is more availiable than it is now - i've seen it ONCE in my area.

Quote:
I just hope the 10W-30 grade is more available than it is now - i've seen it ONCE in my area.
Any shop that sells Shell lubes should be able to order a case for you if their supplier stocks it. If you can convince the shop that it'll sell to others, the shop might start stocking it.

Can't wait to see these on the shelves. If price similarly to the previous products they are positioned nicely in the market.

Love the specs on the syn-blend.

-42C pour point for a 10W-30, that is still a full 12cst. That rocks!

Originally Posted By: hpichris
Waiting till January feels like forever..

Why January?

The new Rotella is already making its way through the pipelines, so to speak. I just saw my first boxes and jugs of the new Rotella. Our local Rural King in New Castle had three of the new boxes with the new Rotella in it. They were stacked alongside the other boxes, but I have been looking for any sign of the new stuff. Everything else was still the old stuff.

i saw the new Rotella in 15w40 and 5w40 at the local menards.

can't wait to see the new 10w30, thats what i'm waiting on
wink.gif

although i did buy a 3 gallon box on sale for next year to use in the cycles

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
"Adaptive technology consists of molecules that when under load and temperature stresses form a protective layer on engine surfaces to help keep moving parts separated and, thus, reduce wear"

Sounds like........ ZDDP in action?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back