Vibrating push mower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: TrentMiller

As far as operating without a blade goes, it's fine, it just usually has a significant kick-back when pull starting due tot he reduction in rotating mass to absorb the rapid revolution changes.
I don't know where some ideas come from.

Well, its a true statement. I have had the unpleasant experience myself.

Been there, done that. I once (20 years or more ago) challenged a guy about that and he took his blade off and the engine ran smooth as silk. In my case, I only had to try it once and have the starter rope violently ripped from my hand to not try it again. My fingers get sore just thinking about it. Guess it depends on the engine. His turned out to be a commercial engine with a heavy flywheel by the way.

Originally Posted By: superior_power

As far as operating without a blade goes, it's fine, it just usually has a significant kick-back when pull starting due tot he reduction in rotating mass to absorb the rapid revolution changes.

When I was a kid, a pushmower backfired while starting, and it broke my arm. It had a blade on it, but I suspect it may have had other problems (sheared key).

Originally Posted By: ksJoe
Originally Posted By: superior_power

When I was a kid, a pushmower backfired while starting, and it broke my arm. It had a blade on it, but I suspect it may have had other problems (sheared key).
My reply was to something bad would happen, as a kid I started many lawn mower motors with nothing attached to the engine when we were building mini bikes. Infact I ran out and removed the blade and started my lawn mower and I haven't replaced the blade yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back